Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

redneck drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
hotscr17 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hotscr17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2005 at 11:13am
It's the driver's choice to play or listen to what they want to, even if it bothers you. I'm sure we've all put up with 1 million hours of WTOP or some music we don't like. If you don't like it then don't ride with them next time or just use your own MP3 player.

Christian Music Rocks!!!!!
ehoberg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ehoberg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2005 at 9:23am
What's the difference between hopping in a car with the confederate flag listening to Johnny Cash and getting in the car with someone blasting christian music or a sermon?

I literally had to chew up paper to plug my ears because a woman had a sermon up as loud as possible. I had to kindly ask her to turn it down (and the preacher was using the "revelate" in terms of the revelations. hello? the verb is reveal) or getting into a car where someone is glued to a cell phone on the horn with their pastor. I find it incredibly offensive because in my opinion that crap has nothing to do with christianity. it's completely specious. Is it appropriate for me to say that in this forum? no, but it's not appropriate for others to impose their views in this forum either.

At least you saw the flag. when you get into an unmarked car and the christian yelling spews out of the radio, you're an unwitting hostage for the duration of the ride.
BillyBackSeat View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyBackSeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2005 at 9:46pm
Who the hell are you to label everyone with a confederate flag a racist? And who put you in charge of this board? I have lived north, south, east and west and the worst racists I ever saw were in Boston. And thats a town full of slackjawed liberal democrats. But hey that is just my opinion. Which is at least as good as yours.

quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]lets see- this topic- DID get out of hand, off topic, and irrelevent. I went back and read it because I was invovled with some of the actual topic of conversation. Have a nice weekend. And yes, to ME, the "stars and bars", is a sign of racism. Whatever man.

:'}

Hug a slug today
lotsa View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lotsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 4:10pm
So what, if in your opinion it got out of hand? As Tupe says, "It's a free country" and fortunately "you are not the boss of us."

quote:
[br]lets see- this topic- DID get out of hand, off topic, and irrelevent. I went back and read it because I was invovled with some of the actual topic of conversation. Have a nice weekend. And yes, to ME, the "stars and bars", is a sign of racism. Whatever man.

Joma View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 4:08pm
Ditto. I agree.

quote:
Originally posted by shahedC
[br]yeah, getmehome pweeze, why does it bother you if a topic like this is brought up.. if someone hasn't participated in it yet, he/she has every right to bring it back up again..

topics that can be left alone, are:
- those in which someone asks a specific question, and they got their question answered...
- something that is completely irrelevant to this board,
- a topic that gets out of hand, and thus becomes irrelevant to the original post in the thread..

getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 2:15pm
lets see- this topic- DID get out of hand, off topic, and irrelevent. I went back and read it because I was invovled with some of the actual topic of conversation. Have a nice weekend. And yes, to ME, the "stars and bars", is a sign of racism. Whatever man.

shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 12:58pm
yeah, getmehome pweeze, why does it bother you if a topic like this is brought up.. if someone hasn't participated in it yet, he/she has every right to bring it back up again..

topics that can be left alone, are:
- those in which someone asks a specific question, and they got their question answered...
- something that is completely irrelevant to this board,
- a topic that gets out of hand, and thus becomes irrelevant to the original post in the thread..
Tupe View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2005 at 12:24pm
It's a free country. If someone wants to pick it back up again, that's their privilege. It is real simple -- you don't like that its continuing? Don't read it. Geez.

quote:
[br]GO PUT SALT ON YOUR SELF, sorry, let this topic end, pweeze.

getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 12:56pm
GO PUT SALT ON YOUR SELF, sorry, let this topic end, pweeze.

Slugenius View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slugenius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2005 at 9:32am
I rode with a guy that had the "Stars and Bars" flag on his rear windshield. Very nice old guy in a small gray toyota sedan. Just curious, but would this also offend people since it represents the antebellum south?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 10>
  Share Topic