Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

redneck drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Slugenius View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slugenius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 3:33pm
quote:
Originally posted by Dhacim
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]
quote:
[br]

"And you're right it doesn't matter, so why perpetuate it by telling an individual that they are wrong about something?"

You know, I wasnt going to respond any more on this post, but come on, were you NOT the one who told me I was wrong about my OPINION of what I FEEL the flag means to ME?? ha...

BTW, you dont have to respond, its not necessary.

:'}

Actually that post was for RCA. I was simply trying to say it is an often misunderstood, misinterpreted symbol. That's it, no more, no less. I guess I get a little jazzed up when people throw out that is is a sign of racism to them, because to me its not.

And I agree with gorc, it is offensive to make a generalization which is why I responded so harshly. Just as ethnicity makes our country diverse, so does regional heritage. Only difference is one is PC, the other is apparently not.

Also, I again apologize that this thread has gone on so long......

Dhacim, RCA, you're both idiots!

I love Naked Guatemalans!!
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 10:07am
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
[br]
quote:
[br]

"And you're right it doesn't matter, so why perpetuate it by telling an individual that they are wrong about something?"

You know, I wasnt going to respond any more on this post, but come on, were you NOT the one who told me I was wrong about my OPINION of what I FEEL the flag means to ME?? ha...

Actually that post was for RCA. I was simply trying to say it is an often misunderstood, misinterpreted symbol. That's it, no more, no less. I guess I get a little jazzed up when people throw out that is is a sign of racism to them, because to me its not.

And I agree with gorc, it is offensive to make a generalization which is why I responded so harshly. Just as ethnicity makes our country diverse, so does regional heritage. Only difference is one is PC, the other is apparently not.

Also, I again apologize that this thread has gone on so long......
lvalleburke View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lvalleburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 10:06am
quote:
Originally posted by qorc
[br]amazed that this thread is allowed to exist but when anyone even posted something about a single black driver, it was deleted.

So it's ok to use words and generalizations like "redneck", but apparently every other group is "off limits" here.

Personally, I think this thread should be deleted. It's not only boorish, but I think some might be offended (and no, I'm from the north, thanks).

I agree, we have all these posts about "Naked Guatemalans" and "I Have Latin Fever" and those were kept on....so not right.[V]
They were uncalled for and so is this threads title.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 8:50am
WORD
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 8:44am
quote:
[br]

qorc View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qorc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 7:38am
amazed that this thread is allowed to exist but when anyone even posted something about a single black driver, it was deleted.

So it's ok to use words and generalizations like "redneck", but apparently every other group is "off limits" here.

Personally, I think this thread should be deleted. It's not only boorish, but I think some might be offended (and no, I'm from the north, thanks).
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 7:10am
You're right, probably uncalled for. My apologies.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 4:24pm
Clever...Thats Uhura style.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 4:16pm
What does it take to have the last word?

Someone walking away and not having the last......

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 4:11pm
Besides I was attempting to nicely end the badgering on this board RCA.

You live in Fredericksburg....You should know better.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>
  Share Topic