Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Etiquette: Do Not Hold Your Slug Captive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
HybridDriver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HybridDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 1:26pm
quote:
Originally posted by Rebecca22193
[br]

If you discourage new people from giving their opinions in this forum, then it's really nothing more than an e-mail chain among a few friends.

Becky

That's exactly right. I figure it out pretty quick....that and the driver is ALWAYS WRONG.

--------
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
Funny, I've never been in a motorcycle only traffic jam!
NoNo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoNo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2005 at 11:08am
"Their are 2 acceptable drop off points at the Pentagon. One where the blue SLUG signs are and, of course, you have to drive around again to get back to Corridor 2/3 BUT the other one is right in front of Corridor 2. This gives the rider close access to the METRO/Bus stations AND elminates the need for the driver to have to "drive" around in a circle and can proceed on to Corridor 3 parking lot after drop-off."

The Corridor 2 entrance is further away from the Metro entrance, as you have to walk back on yourself before you get to the large main artery leading to the metro/bus areas. With Corridor 2 now closed, its even more difficult to get to the building. The slug line drop off is closer to the metro, as you are just crossing the street.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 3:09pm
quote:
Originally posted by fakedfortoday
[br]MDC! HOW DARE YOU LOOKUP SOMEONES PROFILE. THAT IS ONLY ABOUT HALF A STEP REMOVED FROM USING THEIR E-MAIL ADDRESS TO SPAM THEM WITH SLUG RELATED INFORMATION!

Your email is on it's way!
msticaries View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msticaries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 3:05pm
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by msticaries
[br]
quote:
Don't assume the person with a small number of posts is a newbie to slugging or this website.

I agree, I only have 7 posts but I have been a member here for a least a year if not longer.

:)

23 March 2004 according to your profile! The creator of this thread joined on 1 June 2005 fwiw.

hahaha that is the day before my birthday. :)

wmcg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 2:51pm
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]
quote:
[br]
quote:
Don't assume the person with a small number of posts is a newbie to slugging or this website.

I agree, I only have 7 posts but I have been a member here for a least a year if not longer.

23 March 2004 according to your profile! The creator of this thread joined on 1 June 2005 fwiw.

I guess I'm kinda a newbie too. I have been slugging for a long time, but have made few posts....mostly looking for info or supplying some. I guess the biggest reason is, unlike some unlucky people, I have had only one bad experience going in either direction, north or south. It was 2 military officers. When we were off the HOV and just north of Quantico, the driver said, "do you mind if I stop and let my friend off at Quantico?" What could we say? He got lost on the base and it added an entire hour to the commute. Just bad luck one time. Literally every other ride has been a good one. Unless you consider my 6 trips with the guy in the Jaguar. But it's fun listening to a lot of slugs who have had unusual eceriences and not funn hearing the few real bad ones.

Keep on sluggin'
fakedfortoday View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fakedfortoday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 2:39pm
MDC! HOW DARE YOU LOOKUP SOMEONES PROFILE. THAT IS ONLY ABOUT HALF A STEP REMOVED FROM USING THEIR E-MAIL ADDRESS TO SPAM THEM WITH SLUG RELATED INFORMATION!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 2:33pm
quote:
[br]
quote:

msticaries View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msticaries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:56pm
quote:

anothercommuter View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anothercommuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:43pm
JUST HAD TO MAKE A COMMENT SO THAT THIS POST NOW HAS MORE REPLIES THAN THE VANDAL POST EARLIER.
MJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:23pm
Don't assume the person with a small number of posts is a newbie to slugging or this website. I changed my user id here after going thru a divorce so I wasn't reminded of my evil ex. I've actually been part of the slugging community for over 7 years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic