Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Etiquette: Do Not Hold Your Slug Captive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca22193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Etiquette: Do Not Hold Your Slug Captive
    Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 7:16am
This morning I took a ride from Rt 17 to the Pentagon. I was teaching my son the slugging ropes. He works construction and it's very important for him to get to work on time.

A 2-door car pulls up. We stuff ourselves in the car. The driver says, "I'm driving directly to corridor 3. I hope that's okay. I want to get a good parking space." I said, "Actually, it's not because I need to show my son where the subway is and we're on a tight schedule to get him to Virginia Square by 7." I grabbed for the door handle and she actually stepped on the gas !!!

NOTE: Red Honda Civic; Tags: Miss FL

I'm sure I don't need to remind everyone of the "stopping short" policy, but even worse, I felt that I was held captive! I know this sounds dramatic, but it simply p1sses you off when someone steps on the gas when you clearly want to get out of the car.

I can understand if she says this to someone and they work at the Pentagon, or they just don't mind the walk or extra time. But when someone says "No," then let them out of the car for god's sake.

Whew! Thanks carpooling buddies I feel better now.

Becky
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 7:43am
Is there a law for slug abuse? That women was just plain rude.

:'}
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 7:48am
Wow. If a car is not going to the most common drop off point, it HAS to be ok for the rider to get out. The driver here was incredibly rude.
govtchick1990 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote govtchick1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:14am
You should just appreciate the ride to work and besides if you weren't so HUGE of a woman then you should NOT have got in the vehicle. Not everyone is going to be at your beckon call...get over it...
govtchick1990 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote govtchick1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:20am
Also, please don't EVER slam my vehicle door again. Also just to let you know it is my privacy for you to NOT e-mail me at work after getting info off my badge in the vehicle. So DON"T HARASS ME AT MY JOB...if you do I WILL REPORT YOU...
Rebecca22193 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca22193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:21am
quote:
Originally posted by govtchick1990
[br]You should just appreciate the ride to work and besides if you weren't so HUGE of a woman then you should NOT have got in the vehicle. Not everyone is going to be at your beckon call...get over it...

I always appreciate a kind ride to work. (But remember, there's always a car behind you -- you're just not all that special.)

If I am not going where you (ahem), I mean where the driver is going, why make me? There were 20 other people in line, most of whom probably work in the Pentagon and could have cared less. Force me to ride to save 30 seconds of switching out? Sorry, that's just incredibly rude.

As far as physical, personal slams? That just proves my point.

Have a nice day.

Becky
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:21am
WHOA! WE FOUND the culprit...even rude on posts!! (or or, could it be another newbie out to start problems....)

:'}
P8R10TZ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P8R10TZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:24am
/ignore govtchick1990

Rebecca, sorry to hear about your problem this morning. Please realize most drivers are not that way and will try to make your ride enjoyable and take you where you need to go.

Rebecca22193 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca22193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:25am
quote:
Originally posted by govtchick1990
[br]Also, please don't EVER slam my vehicle door again. Also just to let you know it is my privacy for you to NOT e-mail me at work after getting info off my badge in the vehicle. So DON"T HARASS ME AT MY JOB...if you do I WILL REPORT YOU...

Just for the record, and my final post on this issue -- I did not slam the car door. My son was still in the back getting out. As far as your badge number and emailing you at work? Say what? I don't even know what the hell you're talking about.

Becky
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 9:26am
I don't see dropping you at corridor 3 versus the designated drop off point as a huge inconvenience, though the Pentagon police will smack a driver around for not using the designated pick up line.

The driver was totally out of line by not letting you out when you stated you had a problem with the alternate drop off point. If you really had a great problem with this ride, why did you not whip out the cell phone and call 911 (since you felt like you were in a hostage situation).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic