Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Etiquette: Do Not Hold Your Slug Captive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burkhartmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:03am
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
True. It's interesting. In all my years of doing this, I've not had even one unpleasant experience. I really don't understand why there's so much of this stuff going on. Stafford and south used to be friendly people. Sounds like we're getting some of the DC metro crowd moving in who forgot manners and courtesy a long time ago.
Yes, quite true. I've been slugging for 10 years and I can count my bad experiences on one hand. In fact, one of the main reasons I slug is because I enjoy the people that I meet along the way. This is truly an anomaly. I find the personal jabs here particularly childish and distasteful.
Sticky Bandaid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sticky Bandaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:04am
Children, children . . . . . tsk.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:13am
Thanks for the chuckle, folks. I needed it. I'm not sure I'd have sat there patiently. I would have said stop the car and let me out. But some folks are more patient than others.

Happy slugging, all......
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:21am
I'm afraid I'm going to have to assign a "Bob's" credibility rating of only 3 on this thread. Both parties going to work and signing on with new user names on the same day? Don't think so.
burkhartmg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burkhartmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:24am
quote:
Originally posted by Bob
I'm afraid I'm going to have to assign a "Bob's" credibility rating of only 3 on this thread. Both parties going to work and signing on with new user names on the same day? Don't think so.
Sorry Bob, I wish you were right.  As odd as it seems, it does appear that they both were able to connect here.  I personally know one of the parties involved. I guess that reveals me as not being a non-biased, objective poster.... [:D]
govtchick1990 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote govtchick1990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:30am
My final input...I have been very courteous to all that have rode with me, in fact made some great friends along the way. So if you don't want to ride with me that is fine...just trying to get to work like everyone else. So I will no longer pick up on Rt 17...thanks to the couple of folks that were nice to me during my travels North.
lvalleburke View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lvalleburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:32am
I agree with Bob...seems like another drama episode to get everyone all involved. When slug-lines.com continues
burkhartmg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burkhartmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:40am
quote:
Originally posted by govtchick1990
My final input . . . I will no longer pick up on Rt 17...
You know, you're the one who escalated this. If you felt that you didn't do anything wrong, a simple "Oh, I thought..." and/or "Sorry for the misunderstanding" and/or any other civil response, and this would have been a dead issue. However, you showed the level of your class and maturity by reaching new lows and turning this into a mud-wrestling match.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:42am
WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE....ESPECIALLY NEWBIES!!!!!!!!

:'}
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 11:43am
I would have jumped out of the moving vehicle and done one of those rolls like they do in the movies. I always wanted to do that anyways.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 9>
  Share Topic