Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Etiquette: Do Not Hold Your Slug Captive

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lvalleburke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:28pm
quote:
Originally posted by Rebecca22193
[br]Okay, I know I said I wouldn't post again. But now I'm confused about the message board. I had an experience this morning that I wanted to share, and I shared it. Isn't that what the message board is for? I never expected this reaction or response. (As far as all the "cat fight" remarks, I did not make a single personal remark about the driver -- just the circumstances. So that blows that theory.)

BTW, I am not a newbie and this was not my first post.

If you discourage new people from giving their opinions in this forum, then it's really nothing more than an e-mail chain among a few friends.

Becky

Nothing against the newbies it just so happens that the new members seem to stir up a lot of conversation and after a while we wonder what is true and what is not...I'm kinda new myself but I have never had a problem with anyone when I've slugged. Sorry you had a bad experience this morning while trying to show your son the ropes of slugging but not all slug drivers or riders are bad, some are just rude.

P.S. I love this thread! It has me coming back for more!
Undisclosed View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:29pm
If you review my posts, I am really the #1 troll on this board and I resent govtchick1990 moving in on my action.

And from the "takes one to know one" department, Rebecca22193 is real. Govtchcik1990 is a troll.
AZ Man View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:35pm
No, no e-mail address on the badge (I had to check, grin) BUT this all sounds hokey to me as well because of one thing. Their are 2 acceptable drop off points at the Pentagon. One where the blue SLUG signs are and, of course, you have to drive around again to get back to Corridor 2/3 BUT the other one is right in front of Corridor 2. This gives the rider close access to the METRO/Bus stations AND elminates the need for the driver to have to "drive" around in a circle and can proceed on to Corridor 3 parking lot after drop-off. I even let my riders out at the Stop sign before Corridor 2 (get to the Pentagon at 0530 so early enough not to make a traffic jam) right where the entrance of the sidewalk is and no problems and no traffic cops telling me not too.

I don't feel one bad experience makes for a "calling out" post on the message board unless it's a very serious offense. My personal thoughts is a post stating what happened but no need to call out the vehicle on this one OR the negative attack back on hygiene and such. Let me know if I'm way off base here, I'm relatively new to posting but been driving/slugging for a year now.
burkhartmg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burkhartmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 12:40pm
quote:
Originally posted by getmehome pweeze
Um, Rebecca, read under your name dear, NEW MEMBER, with as little posts as you, you ARE a newbie....
Yes, it does say "New Member" under some names.  But as for me, for example, not only am I not new to slugging, I'm a web designer who conducts another slug web site and has had many personal exchanges with the webmaster of this site as to possible future design enhancements.  Therefore, just because someone has not posted a message before, it is not safe to assume they're green to the process.  There seems to be some condescension to folks who have actively participated for years in other areas of the slugging community than making posts here.

Peace, love, and respect to all!    [:)]

Oh, btw, I'm sure that the driver got the original email simply because she subscribes to the Rt.17 email list on this web site, recognized her car description, then jumped in with her response.  She was incorrect to assume that the email was sent specifically to her.  No real mystery there.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:02pm
burkhartmg,

What's the other site? I didn't know of any others.

Thanks much.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burkhartmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:06pm
quote:
Originally posted by Undisclosed
If you review my posts, I am really the #1 troll on this board and I resent govtchick1990 moving in on my action.
Oh, you intrique me! The alias "Undisclosed," an email address of "none@none.com" (making sure no one can contact outside of this message board), and calling yourself the Number One Troll... all very intriguing! [:p]
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burkhartmg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:11pm
quote:
Originally posted by N_or_S_bound
What's the other site? I didn't know of any others.
Site for rides to Rt.17 from Rosslyn in the afternoon: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RosslynSlugs/

Dave was nice enough to post a mention of us at http://www.slug-lines.com/PM_lines/Rosslyn.asp
MJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:23pm
Don't assume the person with a small number of posts is a newbie to slugging or this website. I changed my user id here after going thru a divorce so I wasn't reminded of my evil ex. I've actually been part of the slugging community for over 7 years.
anothercommuter View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anothercommuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:43pm
JUST HAD TO MAKE A COMMENT SO THAT THIS POST NOW HAS MORE REPLIES THAN THE VANDAL POST EARLIER.
msticaries View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msticaries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2005 at 1:56pm
quote:
Don't assume the person with a small number of posts is a newbie to slugging or this website.

I agree, I only have 7 posts but I have been a member here for a least a year if not longer.

:)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic