Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"8 Mile Backup" ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Lone Wolf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lone Wolf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2005 at 9:30am
OK, so can you stand a post from a biker who regularly runs HOV from Stafford? I (thankfully) opted to run the mainline yesterday morning. Turned out to be a good idea. I felt for all of the bikers trapped in the HOV lanes, sidled along the shoulder letting their scoots cool. Ridiculous.
Personally, I would like to see lane splitting legalized on HOV. Similar accommodations are in place in California. For certain you can count on this happening the next time the State Police resort to such buffoonery. (The old 'fool me once' addage comes to mind here.)Course, if similar enrcement strategies are utilized beyond next July 1, we all may not even notice.
Ride on.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2005 at 8:34am
A poll ....

[?] With all this publicity on enforcement, do you think the number of violators will drop significantly? [?]

[^] In our commute from Burke this morning we didn't see a single violator between the VA644 on-ramp and the P'gon. [^]

[:)] Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2005 at 8:04am

Article on yesterday's fiasco in the Fredericksburg paper (Friday)

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/082005/08192005/123296
msticaries View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msticaries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2005 at 7:53am
Spotsy, you checked the VDOT website re: fines?

Moody: If you have kids tell me you have NEVER once thought of killing the little boogers. not that I ever would. :)
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2005 at 7:05am
Local TV news gave yesteray's I-95 HOV enforcement & backup a lot of coverage last night. HOV's becoming famous! [;)]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
Moody Girl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moody Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 5:01pm
quote:
Originally posted by msticaries
[br]Look at it this way, every time I want to kill one of my kids, it could be argued that I INTEND to kill them, but until I acutally do. . . thus one must be in the HOV Lanes before being ticketed.

Nice analogy...and to be quite honest, a little scary.[B)]

ShahedC seems to understand exactly what I was saying. Once you hit those ramps you have no choice but to enter the HOV lanes and therefore you ARE in violation.

SpotsySlugBug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpotsySlugBug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 4:41pm
Msti, I don't think so, I checked the VDOT website. [;)]

EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 4:38pm
I agree with you cdatkins. They should change it. There was no reason for what happened today. 122 has a point though, the boys in blue aren't the smartest bunch and I think he would know!
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 4:23pm
So do you want enforcement or not?

Cops were just trying to do a job. Maybe they didn't do so well this morning, but law enforcement just doesn't attract rocket scientists.

cdatkins View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cdatkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2005 at 4:15pm
They should simply change the law to say that the entrance ramps are, actually, the HOV lanes. Then they can enfore on the entrance ramps.

But I find it hard to believe the statute wasn't written to include attempted HOV violation, which a person would be guilty of if they were on an enclosed, one way entrance ramp without 3 riders or the requisite hybrid plates.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic