Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

VRE Problems/Longer Slug Lines

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: VRE Problems/Longer Slug Lines
    Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 3:10pm
Max, sorry I don't roll like that! I can't help you. Your come ons might be attractive if I were a lady but I'm not and I don't enjoy being hit on in an online community. Let's stick to the facts and let's slug baby!
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 3:01pm
Lots of new slugs at Rt3 lately.
For what it's worth, I noticed back when I was taking VRE there were a lot more riders in the cold weather than in the summer. Maybe slugs migrate to rail in the winter.

Max_28756 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max_28756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 2:39pm
Enuf....I'm still waiting on your logic as to the relation between the CSX lines and OUR President.
I think we should take this offline though. I'm sure we are breaking the "No Politics" rule for slugs.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 2:29pm
Max you must be nuts if you think that! I think your village is missing its leader! You better go run and join them! Enuf is enuf.
Max_28756 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max_28756 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 1:38pm
Hey EnufisEnuf,
How did this turn into another chance for those who supported the loser in an election to cry? I guess I don't see the relation between the VRE having problems with CSX lines and your misguided vote. You CAN thank OUR President for finally signing an energy plan that will allow for less dependence on foreign oil through oil exploration on U.S. territory. Had the previous administration done so, we wouldn't be as dependent on imported oil.

And to answer the original question.....Slugging from Rt 17, I have seen an increase in the line length with the timing directly relating to the VRE problems.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 1:28pm
I'd say the ratio of drivers/riders going from Horner to Rosslyn has tilted noticably towards the riders in the last month or so. Going home there seems to be more riders as well. Don't know whether it's seasonal though.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 12:41pm
We've noticed the morning slug lines at both RV Mall and S'stricker have gotten longer over the past month or so. [8D]

Haven't gone by Cardinal Plaza, Daventry, or "Bob's" to see the situation there. [:I]

For sure, there is no line at Gambrill - & no drivers either! [;)]

Keep on sluggin'! [:)]
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 12:20pm
Normally this time of the year you will see an increase in slugs. I don't know if it's the gas prices or VRE yet. When it starts to get cold, some slugs will run for cover. So we'll see what's up.
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 12:14pm
Um, neither of the posts before yours seem to have a complaint in them. Both seem to be just some facts. Grendaline doesn't sound like s/he's complaining.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2005 at 11:15am
Thank your friend Bush for that and quit complaining! You voted for him!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic