Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red/Blue Light Drivers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Red/Blue Light Drivers?
    Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 8:35am
Excuse my ignorance, but can someone please bring me up to speed on the the single car drivers that are allowed to travel the HOV with their red or blue light sitting on the dash. There seems to be a rash of them popping up in all types of vehicles now from SUV's to smaller Toyota's. At first I assumed they all belonged to some type of emergency response unit but that theory was dispelled this morning when I saw another single-driver driving an E-Class Mercedes (wearing his business suit and tie) with the blue light on his dash.[?]
flatulentsluggerhugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatulentsluggerhugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 9:30am
Sounds like some people are playing the "trick game" by impersonating law enforcement. I would think that these type vehicles should have government plates on them, if not, well then is impersonating law enforcement a misdemeanor or felony?

VOTE HOT!!!! SO GAS PASSERS LIKE ME WON'T ANNOY YOU!!!

whoever smealt it dealt it!!!!
Mr. B View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 10:09am
Thanks for the list of rules and obviously they all make perfect sense except there never seems to be any emergency they are responding to except trying to get to work on time. I'm not a speeder but I seem to pass several of them everyday as they cruise alone.
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 10:16am
Well, sadly the rules don't say "law enforcement vehicles responding to an emergency" are exempt, they just say that "law enforcement vehicles", regardless of purpose, are exempt from HOV requirements.

I believe impersonating a law enforcement officer is a Class 1 misdemeanor, which means up to 12 months in jail or fine up to $2500, or both.
msticaries View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msticaries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 10:16am
I would like to test the theory that they are NOT all law enforcement but cheaters, by putting one of those blue lights on my dash. hmm where can I buy a blue light like that?

:)

ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 10:39am
I'm curious about that theory also. I'll let msticaries try it and report back to us. We'll come visit you in jail.
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 10:40am
I'm trying to find "panarican". She asked me for a date. Are you there PanaRican? Shall we meet at Llaredo?
PanaRican View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 10:53am
Where is Llaredo? I've heard of that place.
flatulentsluggerhugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatulentsluggerhugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 11:17am
msticaries, go to KMART to get your blue light, THEY HAVE TONS OF THEM!!!!

VOTE HOT!!!! SO GAS PASSERS LIKE ME WON'T ANNOY YOU!!!

whoever smealt it dealt it!!!!
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 11:32am
PanaRican Lady - how about Orentique on Thursday night? They have a latin night and great food. I'll buy you just come!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic