Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red/Blue Light Drivers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gtivr6ps Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 3:22pm
I personnaly dont agree with every law enforcement being able to drive in HOV. If you are in a marked car, yes. Undercover Yes. But the Special Agent in Charge (IE Team LeadProgram Manager) who was a cop 20 years ago and is still allowed to carry a gun, drive a GOV vehicle with a light, now that just seems to be a little "above the law"
beecee View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beecee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 3:36pm
Law enforcement exception and others are probably subject to abuse, just like folks sometimes using handicap hangers on their rear view mirror when not proplery entitled to or when it's just plain unnecessary.
shahedC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shahedC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 3:43pm
or maybe they will finally meet in person, and they will find that they are each other's spouse!!!

I hope that neither of them are married... :)

Anyway, feel free to post here how your date went. :)
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 4:13pm

I don't buy this. They have lights and can easily jump over to the HOVs if there is a need. Are we going to let all off duty firefighters in the HOVs also?

The rules are vague; however, VDOT or someone should let slugs know exactly what the deal is. I agree that the policy could be and probably is circumvented because of the general nature of the rules statement.
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 4:32pm
She wants me, what can I say? Did I say I was a latin man aka lady's man? What can I do but beat the chicks off of my leg! My third leg. I'm a camera man![8D]
Moody Girl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moody Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 4:57pm
Enuf truly IS Enuf, Please excuse me while I vomit! [xx(]

All better, now, let me get this straight......if you are so hot......why are you using SL.com to pick up women?

It seems to me, if you are such a stud, you would have to beat the real women away with a stick. Right? [;)]

EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2005 at 6:07pm
Moody girl - like I told you last night - I already have a date with the latin girl online here. I can't do Friday night. I can fit you in next week if you'll stop being so moody! There is plenty to go around. Calm down.[;)]
Moody Girl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moody Girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2005 at 1:54pm
quote:
Originally posted by EnufisEnuf
[br]Moody girl - like I told you last night - I already have a date with the latin girl online here. I can't do Friday night. I can fit you in next week if you'll stop being so moody! There is plenty to go around. Calm down.[;)]

Congratulations! Your desperation paid off and you have a date. [:0]

As per our discussion last night......make sure you leave the bag on your head and do your best to conceal that hump on your back as we don't want to scare the young lady off. [;)] I wish her all the best.

As for me, there is no need to spread the wealth. I have someone very special at home who loves me and all of my moods. [:X]

miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2005 at 3:00pm
Make sure to bring three bags, one for your head, one for hers just in case yours falls off, and one for anybody else that happens upon you both together.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2005 at 8:10pm
carleric,
I think it's proper to count all people. If you can't count children because they can't drive, then you can't count illegal aliens, or anyone without a drivers license since they aren't allowed to drive either. Oh yeah, if someone doesn't own a car they can't count towards HOV-3 either.

I can see an argument for allowing pregnant women to count as two, but it's not really enforceable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic