Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Red/Blue Light Drivers?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2005 at 8:13pm
I didn't mention another group of drivers I've seen cheating in HOV. People in cars with FOP specialty plates driving solo. There's not a lot of them, but I've seen several over the summer.
HybridDriver View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HybridDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2005 at 7:46am
How about the really obese? If they have to pay for 2 tickets on Southwest, then they should only need to pick up one more person in HOV - or none, depending on their gross tonnage.

--------
2005 Honda Civic Hybrid
Funny, I've never been in a motorcycle only traffic jam!
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2005 at 4:08pm
You guys truly are a funny bunch! Thanks for the laughs. They made my day. I'm new to the dating game so I don't see why slug-lines is a bad place. At any rate, I'm a serious poster so I want to be taken serious. I just need to get moody girl to stop emailing me.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2005 at 4:47pm
MDC, funny you should mention the FOP folks. I happen to have those tags, and my wife and I were having a joking conversation about how I could pick up the red/blue lights and do that. However, I know that I'm not eligible to use the HOV when I'm in my personal vehicle running solo, so I only do it with slugs.

The only thing I can say to your statement is perhaps those FOP folks are "on-duty", even in their personal vehicles. I think it varies with the respective agency. But if they're not, then they should play by the rules.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic