Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time to start tipping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PogueMahone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2005 at 11:28am
man, i think i'm seeing the beginning of the end here...with specimens like 122582 multiplying how can the slug line experiment continue?
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2005 at 11:38am
I don't think the one person is going to affect the system that's been working well for so long. That person may ruffle some feathers on the web site, but that's about it.
Rebecca22193 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca22193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2005 at 11:39am
I agree with you completely, mikester.

Becky
BillyBackSeat View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyBackSeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2005 at 6:47pm
quote:
Originally posted by mikester
[br]I don't think the one person is going to affect the system that's been working well for so long. That person may ruffle some feathers on the web site, but that's about it.

Car pulls up to slug line and driver hollers "I charge for rides."
No one gets in.
Driver that charges changes tune or drives on mainline.
End of that story

Hug a slug today
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2005 at 10:36pm
How about instead the driver pulls up and takes 2 slugs. When asked to take a third, the driver says I charge for the third? Slugs then have a choice, wait or pay.
BillyBackSeat View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyBackSeat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2005 at 11:08am
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]How about instead the driver pulls up and takes 2 slugs. When asked to take a third, the driver says I charge for the third? Slugs then have a choice, wait or pay.

How about you live in Nanaland since about nobody is giving anybody money during slug rides. Hey maybe Santa can bring you some spare change.

Hug a slug today
keith770 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keith770 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2005 at 11:08pm
Weeeell,

I'm looking at slugging as a cost saving alternative, BUT, I get a subsidy if I use an approved form of pooling. This means I lose it slugging, which is ok because I pay 65 a month above the subsidy, not including gas to get to the pool lot. However, Five a ride equates to 180 a month, and that is only to the Pentagon. I work up in DC, so I would guess this would be an extra 2 dollars ..... That would make it 216. Very close to the train (approved) and certainly more than 65. Perhaps the only solution, long term, is to get out of Dodge.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2005 at 7:09am
quote:
Originally posted by BillyBackSeat
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]How about instead the driver pulls up and takes 2 slugs. When asked to take a third, the driver says I charge for the third? Slugs then have a choice, wait or pay.

How about you live in Nanaland since about nobody is giving anybody money during slug rides. Hey maybe Santa can bring you some spare change.

Hug a slug today

Then maybe it's better that drivers NEVER take a third - no advantage to them!
Rebecca22193 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca22193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2005 at 8:45am
When I drive, I will always take a third if there is a long line of slugs and no cars. No advantage? Who cares? It just feels like the right thing to do. I'm not a person who needs to earn some "advantage" in order to do something nice for somebody.

Becky
cmtz65 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmtz65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2005 at 11:00am
Just out of curiosity has anybody ridden with 122582? What lot does he pick up from and what kind of car does he have?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324>
  Share Topic