Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time to start tipping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 24>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 1:04pm
What is the proper procedure for banning people from slug-lines message board? I really can't take 122582 anymore!! It is SO obvious that he/she is just trying to start crap with everyone on the message boards...just take a look at his replies. I have been slugging and picking up slugs for years....and 122582 is just ridiculous. I am all for people sharing their opinions, but what opinion does 122582 have? All 122582 seems to talk about is trying to get money from the slugs? How in the world did he come up with $600/month when picking up slugs anyway? Try this 122582....don't pick up slugs, and see how much MORE you will spend in gas by sitting in traffic for 2+ hours in the main lanes. On top of that, stop and go traffic does wonders on your transmission, from what I understand. Instead of bitching about the $600/month that you (don't) spend...go out and buy a hybrid. I am sure it won't be $600/month for that car. Just PLEEEEEEEAASSEEEE stop this nonsense!!
SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 1:48pm
You can ban "him" but he can get a new ID. I hear that he and Uhura are the same person.

Oh sorry Uhura, I really didn;t mean to say that. WHat I meant to say was, he and Uhura1 are the same person.
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 2:31pm
Nope, I'm not Uhura or Uhura1.

GMHP and SpongeBob do know me personally though.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 2:50pm
quote:
Originally posted by tangelo53
[br] How in the world did he come up with $600/month when picking up slugs anyway?

I don't know his answer, but let me try as I am assuming he is referring to his total commuting costs...not just driving:

Parking: $225
Gas: $294

Miles per trip 60 x 2 = 120 miles per day x 22 work days per month = 2640 miles per month. Figure gas milage at 25 mpg = 105 gallons. 105 gallons @ $2.80 = $294

That's about $520 so far before you figure the other costs like higher vehicle maintenance costs, vehicle wear and tear, quicker vehicle depreciation, etc....

I can easily see how it can total $600 and I'm no rocket scientist.
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 3:17pm
I personally think 122 should change its handle too troublemaker but alas, he doesn't. The problem is people take him seriously when we shouldn't. He's just here to pleasure himself and give him something to do and guess what? It works. Try ignoring him for a change. Eventually he will go away as all "bottomfeeders" do.
tangelo53 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 3:22pm
ok, and what would his monthly costs be if he didn't pick up slugs? would parking prices change? NO! would gas prices change? NO! GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by KCWolfPck
[br]
quote:
[br] How in the world did he come up with $600/month when picking up slugs anyway?

I don't know his answer, but let me try as I am assuming he is referring to his total commuting costs...not just driving:

Parking: $225
Gas: $294

Miles per trip 60 x 2 = 120 miles per day x 22 work days per month = 2640 miles per month. Figure gas milage at 25 mpg = 105 gallons. 105 gallons @ $2.80 = $294

That's about $520 so far before you figure the other costs like higher vehicle maintenance costs, vehicle wear and tear, quicker vehicle depreciation, etc....

I can easily see how it can total $600 and I'm no rocket scientist.

KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 3:33pm
quote:
[br]ok, and what would his monthly costs be if he didn't pick up slugs? would parking prices change? NO! would gas prices change? NO! GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

I think he answers that in his original post re: carpool costs, vanpool costs, VRE/Metro costs. I'm sure you can find it so I won't quote it again. However, it was SIGNIFICANTLY less.
Rebecca22193 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebecca22193 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 3:35pm
Then why isn't he doing it? (just curiosity)

Becky
KCWolfPck View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KCWolfPck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 5:39pm
quote:
Originally posted by Rebecca22193
[br]Then why isn't he doing it? (just curiosity)

Becky

Being in a vanpool myself, I wonder the same thing. Especially when you see how much money you are saving, let alone the time saved because you don't have to stop and pick up slugs. [?][?]
DanMadeup View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanMadeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Sep 2005 at 8:56pm
Look up the creamation of Sam McGee,

I do not have the time to do this right, but I propose we take turns grabbing a verse and see if we can't lampoon this as we did the slugger who buggered the mugger.

So, here are the first three verses, for evaluation, voting? and publication.

There are strange things done by the Pentagon by those who wait for slugs;
With engines running and fuel cost gunning, 122582 finally got a bug;
In an late August night, he woke with a bright idea rolling off his lips,
And onto our board, he posted once more, “Wanted, slugs who tip.”

Now slugs are found, in lots all around, but by habits form in rows,
And they get into cars whose driver there are to carry them up the road.
But during the trip, they leave behind sh**, as the lost and found will tell,
MDC noted, and a better plan floated, on e-bay these things we can sell.

This thought it did last with ninety minutes past, with no one adding to it.
But the bait was floating and the topic so goading that someone added do it.
So SlugR wrote in, a tip just from him, a coin tossed in a jar?
He’d leave a tip, a commuter tid bit, a bus token from a far.

I hope that is a start. http://www.wordfocus.com/wordactcremation.html has the original by RObert Service.

Dan
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122 24>
  Share Topic