Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time to start tipping

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 24>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 9:35am
Well, I for one will not be riding with 122582. Please make sure to let riders know that you will be collecting a toll PRIOR to getting in the car. I'm sure you'll quickly be identified as a 'pirate' and riders will avoid you when you are in the line. As a matter of fact, if you identify yourself as the author of this idea, I'll avoid you starting tomorrow! Good luck!
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 6:49pm
Only $2 coming home today, but that made $5 total so far. This could catch on.
Rosebud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 8:49am
What a bunch of cheap people. You all talk as though you are owed something. I hope most of us drivers become slugs and the lines become so long, so sit and wait and wait.

I'll tell you what. If your that adamant about not paying, the next time someone says "will you take a third", I'll "just say no" or maybe I'll say "will you tip".

Drivers - Do not take an extra people, only take the minimum. Extra weight requires more gas. Turn off the AC. make these cheap punks sweat a little.
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 9:23am
Rosebud,
If I tip, do I have any say in AC or radio station or drop off point? After all, I am then paying for a service. Do I get any new rights with my new obligation to pay?
I hear what you're saying. Gas prices pass a certain level, so riders should tip. But what is that level? Can I stop tipping if prices go down? If so, what dollar amount triggers tipping?
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 9:28am
Wolfpack, you're in a vanpool - why in the world are you even on this site? And you're becoming an instigator where one is NOT wanted. Go back to sleeping in your seat and don't start trouble.
Rosebud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosebud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 10:37am
I'll tell you what CarlEric. If you want to pay taxi fee's, I'll drive you anywhere. We are talking about a buck you cheap punk.

Give me five bucks I'll let you play with the radio buttons.

Give me 10 bucks and I'll sing to you.

Whatever makes you happy....
carleric View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carleric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 12:51pm
So it's a buck from anywhere? The same buck gets me into DC from Springfield or Stafford? That seems unfair to the drivers.
I guess my problem is everyone's sense of entitlement: some drivers seem to be saying "you should want to tip me" because prices are so high. Why now? What is the magic number for gas prices? I am to tip after gas crosses X dollars - well, what is X? Seriously, when am I "supposed" to tip?

signed,
the Cheap Punk

PS: Look, no one's saying you can't charge people to ride in your car. But that's not slugging. That's something else.
Yankees1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yankees1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 1:32pm
quote:
Originally posted by 122582
[br]OK, the tip jar is coming out. Gas is ridiculous, and the slow lanes aren't that bad with all the new slugs in line.

Suggested tips:
Rt3/Rt17 to Pentagon -$5.00
610 to Pentagon - $4.00
234 to Pentagon - $3.00
Up to the beltway to Pentagon - $2.00
Inside the beltway to Pentagon - $1.00

122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 4:25pm
Only a buck today, but I'm not givign up.
EnufisEnuf View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnufisEnuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 4:30pm
Go away 122. No one is gonna pay you. In fact, we'd all rather take the bus. Go take the regular lanes to/from DC and then get back to us about that dollar thing. You'll be paying the slugs a dollar to ride with you. You know its true.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 24>
  Share Topic