Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KATRINA'S IMPACT

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 2:20pm
NoSb: I agree with both - hybrids aren't bad, and they aren't the total solution. For right now, they are better than conventional vehicles, and unless the government helps to mandate elimination of conventional vehicles, folks aren't going to want to pay the initial higher cost of thes better vehicles. There was a thread a few months ago proclaiming that you'd never get your money's worth from a hybrid. Maybe not, but we MUST reduce demand for gas. And hybrids do that.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 2:24pm
Agreed!

I'm just hoping this time around we can learn from this dependence on a non-renewable source that is predominantly coming from people who really don't care very much for us. We forgot the 70s, let's see what happens here.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 2:55pm
I thought this was a discussion about gasoline? Hybrids burn the same gasoline as 99% of the other cars use. That is a fact. Hybrids do not, on the other hand, burn "clean fuel". Another fact.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 4:02pm
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]I thought this was a discussion about gasoline? Hybrids burn the same gasoline as 99% of the other cars use. That is a fact. Hybrids do not, on the other hand, burn "clean fuel". Another fact.

And hybrids burn LESS gas than 99% of the other cars. And when powered by battery, they "burn" clean fuel.
Route 17 Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Route 17 Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 4:55pm
cdadkins, Assertions??? You might want to do some research on the toxic Texan's many misleading and outright FALSE assertions and disastrous policies. Were you holding your breath for an explanation for those too? Didn't think so. This Administration does not enforce environmental laws that are in place. The energy bill that took 5 years to put together is a complete joke. Take a look at current and recent environmental legislatation do you purchase gas from ExxonMobil? sheesh. EDUCATE YOURSELF. Ask questions. Read a book or surf the web and read an article now and then. My assertions are based upon facts and from those facts I came to conclusions.

N_or_S_bound you are a kindred spirit to me. Thanks for your great posts.

Then I can't wait to see your evidence for your assertions. I'll wait.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2005 at 5:48pm
Ok then. Disable the gas motor on a hybrid and be clean all you want.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 5:37am
Has anybody considered the last 10 days run-up in gas prices might be due to Labor Day opportunism instead of Katrina which could be a good excuse to "gouge" the public over one of the most heavily gas-consuming holidays?

I don't deny what happened in the Gulf. I just question the impact at this point. How do they really know production and distribution have been so heavily impacted.

I know there's folks familiar with the oil biz who read this site who might offer a more educated input than my suppositions.

NoSb

NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 7:46am
quote:
Originally posted by MDC
[br]Ok then. Disable the gas motor on a hybrid and be clean all you want.

MDC - I gather you said that tongue in cheek, or else you are an idiot. The gas motor is needed to charge the battery. I tried to not use the gas motor once when I ran out of gas - the hybrid was only good for about 2 miles before it conked out. After waiting 10 min, I was able to get it the extra 1/4 mile to the gas station.
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 8:08am
MDC,

That's cool. Are you able to do grocery shopping, etc locally on just battery power? Kind of like a segway?

Rte 17- Thanks for the affirmation. Knowing theirs "like minds" out there is good, but the best interactions are with ones who don't believe YET!

NoSb

stewart View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Sep 2005 at 10:21am
quote:
Originally posted by Route 17 Slugger
[br]cdadkins, Assertions??? You might want to do some research on the toxic Texan's many misleading and outright FALSE assertions and disastrous policies. Were you holding your breath for an explanation for those too? Didn't think so. This Administration does not enforce environmental laws that are in place. The energy bill that took 5 years to put together is a complete joke. Take a look at current and recent environmental legislatation do you purchase gas from ExxonMobil? sheesh. EDUCATE YOURSELF. Ask questions. Read a book or surf the web and read an article now and then. My assertions are based upon facts and from those facts I came to conclusions.

N_or_S_bound you are a kindred spirit to me. Thanks for your great posts.

Then I can't wait to see your evidence for your assertions. I'll wait.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 9>
  Share Topic