Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCREW the main lanes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wagonman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 2:41pm
The real solution is to make the regular lanes toll lanes and leave the HOVs alone and free. Congestion pricing is the only real way to make people understand the cost of driving alone. Maybe some day when we have 24 hour traffic jams the politicians grow some spines and look for real solutions. They need to stop it with the proposals that are doomed from the beginning and only useful for making it appear that they are doing something.
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 2:42pm
And, I might add, Hybrid drivers are the most confused of the whole lot. They are simply the same as the main-lane "I insist on driving by myself" group that have found a wonderful loophole in the exemption that allows them to CONTINUE TO ADD TO THE NUMBER OF CARS TAKING UP SPACE ON THE ROAD while doing nothing to reduce congestion. Many of them support tolls now out of spite for getting booted out of the HOV in 2006. The main problem in the DC area is congestion, the Hybrid drivers are confused and think that the main problem is pollution!
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 2:54pm
I like Wagonman's idea. Reduce congestion by tolling the regular lanes, and leaving real HOV free.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 2:55pm
miltrade - let's continue your thought stream to its logical conclusion. BAN ALL CARS from the express (HOV) lanes. Everything you say about drivers in main lanes applies EVEN BETTER when you take that stance.
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 3:01pm
NoSUV, maybe in YOUR mind that is the logical conclusion to where my logic is leading. But that's your opinion. My conclusion is right where I left it, NOBODY that has less than three allowed in, and the single-drivers change their attitude. You and your hybrid can go out into the "lord of the flies" main lanes or else start doing something to reduce the CONGESTION, not the pollution! In case anyone needs to be reminded again, the HOV lanes were intended to solve this area's biggest issue, CONGESTION. They weren't designed so that single drivers could just switch what type of vehicle they drive and then clog up the lanes like they do out in the main lanes.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 3:11pm
quote:
Originally posted by miltrade
[br]NoSUV, maybe in YOUR mind that is the logical conclusion to where my logic is leading. But that's your opinion. My conclusion is right where I left it, NOBODY that has less than three allowed in, and the single-drivers change their attitude. You and your hybrid can go out into the "lord of the flies" main lanes or else start doing something to reduce the CONGESTION, not the pollution! In case anyone needs to be reminded again, the HOV lanes were intended to solve this area's biggest issue, CONGESTION. They weren't designed so that single drivers could just switch what type of vehicle they drive and then clog up the lanes like they do out in the main lanes.

miltrade - since you can't seem to get your mind to work, perhaps this can help. Are you saying that if the express lanes reverted to their original pre-1974 condition of buses only that the express lanes would be clogged? Wouldn't buses only in those lanes increase ridership in HOV-40 = and, using your arguements, isn't HOV-40 bettern than HOV-3 for "pollution, congestion, and general stupidity to the practice of commuting?" Can't you see that "the solution to all of our traffic problems is right before [you], STOP DRIVING...RIDE THE BUS, TAKE THE TRAIN..."
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 3:22pm
NoSUV, if you want to get personal, we can, I fully welcome it. You remind me of those people during the election that when confronted with an argument too difficult for them simply blurted out "LIAR".

I assure you I can get my mind to work, and more importantly, better than yours. First of all, your post is fragmented, poorly written, and presents unsupported logic that you are assigning to me, although you are the one that created it. I'm not slow enough that you can resort to creating arguments that I have not presented, such as your "buses only" stream of logic. ONCE AGAIN, HOV should be for three or more ONLY. You can fit three in a car right? A car is not a bus right? Are you able to follow?

I said nothing about pre-1974 conditions of the HOV, so that is just bizarre that you assume I did. I said nothing about "buses only", so once again, you are bizarre.

Also, what does "ridership in HOV-40 = and," mean?? It is poorly written and makes no sense in the English language. Is that supposed to be some sort of crafty retort that is proving your point? I'm sure if you asked 99% of the people on there they would just say "huh?"

Let me reiterate, my point is that the HOV should be for 3 or more in a VEHICLE only and the real solution is the one that selfish people like you can't fathom, stop being an idiot and driving by yourself.

NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 3:25pm
yawn. you bore me. get on the bus.
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 3:26pm
Oh, and NoSUV, I can understand your anger. I mean, I would be angry too if I dropped 30K on a compact hybrid car so that I could continue to drive by myself (if that was my character, which it isn't) and then realized that I completely wasted my money because I am going to be either right back out with the wolves in the main lanes or else I would have to pick up slugs anyways. It must hurt to think about what you could have done with that 30k instead of dropping it on something that was driven by such selfish reasoning in the first place. Of course, I held onto my money. Too bad for you.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 3:37pm
Why are you all still arguing with NoSUV? He is entitled to his opinion, and his grammer is not bad. But he hasn't changed his mind one bit since the day he shoved his pointed beak in here.

Come to the meeting tomorrow, NoSUV. Love like all git out to see you there in person. [:)]
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic