Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCREW the main lanes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 4:37pm
miltrade - I bought my hybrid back when I lived in another state, before I'd even applied for a job out here. I got it not for the HOV exemption, but because the car was better than the one you drive. Some would even say that makes me better than you. Actually, you, too, could do the right thing and buy a hybrid. Are you up to the challenge?

Please tell me you aren't one of those bottom feeders 122 talks about on another thread.
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2005 at 4:39pm
miltrade, I hope you bring your enthusiasm tomorrow night!

I'll be there tomorrow night... who else is attending [?]

Goober
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 7:42am
NoSUV, once again, you seem to meander about with little meaning and/or comprehension.

1. So, "some people" say that if you drive a "better car" than me, then you are "better than me"? Who are these "people"? Celebrities? Teen-agers? Rappers? Because no sensible, adult, logical person that I know of has ever said that if you drive a better car than somebody else, then YOU are actually better than that person.

2. I would be "doing the right thing" by buying a hybrid? And what makes it right? Because it's "good for the environment"? Because, as stated numerous times earlier, the problem in the DC area is not pollution, it is CONGESTION. How is buying a hybrid, then driving by myself and adding yet another vehicle to the congestion "doing the right thing"?

I have a suggestion: get in your hybrid and move back to wherever you came from. We don't need another out of state car clogging up our Virginia roads. Go protect the environment and add to the traffic in your own town.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 7:48am
miltrade, are you saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to buy a hybrid and carpool (or pick up slugs)? How come? Can't you help the environment AND reduce congestion? Or are you strictly a bottom feeder?
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 7:55am
You are a hypocrite. I have read your other posts. You claimed yourself that you "now support HOT" because they are ending the Hybrid exemption. If you were picking up slugs, then why would you give a rat's ass about the end of the exemption? I'll tell you why you are so pissed about it, because you DO NOT pick up slugs. You're mad that they are ending your little loophole, yet you still refuse to consider picking up slugs, so you have gone so far as to now support the effective end of the HOV system rather than relent and give up your solo commute. So don't come in here trying to preach to me. If you're going to try, at least realize that all I have to do is read a few of your posts to figure you out. You're simply not smart enough to get away with it.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 7:57am
quote:
Originally posted by miltrade
[br]You are a hypocrite. I have read your other posts. You claimed yourself that you "now support HOT" because they are ending the Hybrid exemption. If you were picking up slugs, then why would you give a rat's ass about the end of the exemption? I'll tell you why you are so pissed about it, because you DO NOT pick up slugs. You're mad that they are ending your little loophole, yet you still refuse to consider picking up slugs, so you have gone so far as to now support the effective end of the HOV system rather than relent and give up your solo commute. So don't come in here trying to preach to me. If you're going to try, at least realize that all I have to do is read a few of your posts to figure you out. You're simply not smart enough to get away with it.

miltrade, are you saying that it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to buy a hybrid and carpool (or pick up slugs)? How come? Can't you help the environment AND reduce congestion? Or are you strictly a bottom feeder?
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 7:58am
Is that all you have? A re-post? Have fun in the main lanes this year with your two hour solo commute.
emancilla View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emancilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 1:16pm
miltrade. You said it very well. I wish I were as articulate as you are.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 1:26pm
quote:
Originally posted by miltrade
[br]Is that all you have? A re-post? Have fun in the main lanes this year with your two hour solo commute.

This is fun - can you answer the question? Or should we infer that you have...
goober View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2005 at 1:38pm
URGENT: remember to attend the

Advisory Panel Meeting Agenda
Wed., September 21, 2005 -- TONIGHT
6:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Prince William County
Ferlazzo Auditorium
Prince William County
15941 Donald Curtis Drive
Woodbridge, Virginia 22192

Goober
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic