Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SCREW the main lanes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 11:48am
Hybrid exemption ends in 2006. It has already been established that the state (VA) has asked the Fed to lift the exemption. Nice try.
miltrade View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote miltrade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 1:21pm
NoSUV? Many people asking you questions here. All interested to hear your undoubtedly witty reply. Please share.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 1:31pm
quote:
Originally posted by miltrade
[br]NoSUV? Many people asking you questions here. All interested to hear your undoubtedly witty reply. Please share.

Ask RLD.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 1:32pm
quote:
Originally posted by bnvus
[br]Hybrid exemption ends in 2006. It has already been established that the state (VA) has asked the Fed to lift the exemption. Nice try.

State authority was in the 2005 Transportation bill.
bnvus View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 2:38pm
State Authority is still under considerstion and not law. Even so. The (VDOT) recommendation is still to end the hybrid exemption. Too many Manuf. are jumping on the Hybrid bandwagon as fuel prices spiral upwards. Ford just recently announced that 50% of their automotive production will transition over to Hybrid technology by 2010. 50 PERCENT! This is in response to the government proposing stricter emission laws and higher MPG #'s in an effort to help conserve fuel. GREAT NEWS for them. Bad news for us.

THE HYBRID EXEMPTION MUST GO!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 2:53pm
And why is that? The express lanes still move at or above the speed limit and 25 - 35 mph faster than the regular lanes. Just look to your right! VDOT also said that much of the congestion was caused by cheaters. Shouldn't that be the first to go? Why increase the regular lane congestion when the express lanes aren't overcrowded?

If nothing else, we need to find ways to get MORE of the regular lane traffic into the express lanes. That's why the majority of the public wants HOT - so the OVERALL traffic will flow better.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 2:54pm
I just noticed (again) that the HOV speed limit is 65 and the mainline is 55. Maybe if they raised the mainline to 65, it would move better!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 2:55pm
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by miltrade
[br]NoSUV? Many people asking you questions here. All interested to hear your undoubtedly witty reply. Please share.

Ask RLD.

On the RLD question, I've received responses from Kilgore, Kaine, and Bryne. All 3 support the hybrid exemption. I've also asked both major candidates in my district - they've not responded.
DanMadeup View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanMadeup Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 3:00pm
I think I go with Bob on this. Share the e-mail or let us know that its been a good tale.

The real killer is "both candidates." As if you could not say Barge-Frederick or Porta-Queeg.

Again, I go with Bob. Another friend of friend tale being sung.
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2005 at 3:01pm
Ditto Dan. I go with Bob.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic