Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Legal Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2005 at 1:26am
Hey

I got an idea, undisclosed, why don't you and other sluggers meet, not to beat you up but to prove you are real. Name the place and time...or leave this board forever...
Undisclosed View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 4:24pm
quote:
You really do think you are better than you actually are.

Why thank you, SuzAnne, but I really don't think that is humanly possible.
SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 2:57pm
quote:
Originally posted by Undisclosed
[br]Wow, two bites with a single cast of the rod. I'm even better than I thought! You go, RLD!!!

Oh, Undisclosed!

Now I see why you attack RLD.

But you know, your "girlfriend" told me something similar, and no, not about the two bites.

He said it's true. You really do think you are better than you actually are.

Have a great weekend!
Sheepish View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheepish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 2:18pm
I'll answer the point of why it's an "inconsiderate" thing to do...

1. Going southbound 95, it clogs the exit ramp for people legitimately exiting the highway towards Route 1, and the folks trying to get to the rest area.

2. Going northbound, it clogs the exit ramp for those exiting to get to Dale City/Potomac Mills and those trying to enter the HOV entrance coming from Dale City/Potomac Mills. (This has happened so many times to me, meeting up with a carpool at Bob Evan's, and then trying to get back on to get on the HOV lanes.)

vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 1:05pm
It's not illegal. If it was, it would be posted as "forbidden".
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 12:21pm
Wow, two bites with a single cast of the rod. I'm even better than I thought! You go, RLD!!!
Baz View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 6:45am
Good one Undisclosed. Seems like common sense in this area is non-existent. We want everything in writing and laws put in place - otherwise we wont know how to live!! Thats whats wrong with the US now. I hope that law showing us how to wipe our ass correctly gets passed thru Congress soon...
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 10:23pm
I'm sure Robert Lang Direct knows the answer. He knows everything. In fact, he has a code section which says that you must turn your wheels to the curb when you park. He think this means that you can park anywhere, as long as you turn your wheels toward the curb. Since there are no signs saying you can't park on the exit ramp, feel free to do so with RLD's blessing.
MDC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 9:27pm
I thought you were really talking about a problem like where the ramp from Route 1 merges onto 95 tafter the Occoquan River. Bunch of azzes do it there. I got hit by an 18 wheeler doing that when I was on the ramp actually coming from rte 1. Fortunately it was minimal damage since the driver didn't even stop when I pulled over.
Dhacim View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dhacim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2005 at 1:42pm
Old Goat,

Yes that is exactly what I am talking about....

Fryed 1, why is it an ahole thing to do?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic