Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Legal Question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 12:21pm
Wow, two bites with a single cast of the rod. I'm even better than I thought! You go, RLD!!!
vabigblue View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vabigblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 1:05pm
It's not illegal. If it was, it would be posted as "forbidden".
Sheepish View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sheepish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 2:18pm
I'll answer the point of why it's an "inconsiderate" thing to do...

1. Going southbound 95, it clogs the exit ramp for people legitimately exiting the highway towards Route 1, and the folks trying to get to the rest area.

2. Going northbound, it clogs the exit ramp for those exiting to get to Dale City/Potomac Mills and those trying to enter the HOV entrance coming from Dale City/Potomac Mills. (This has happened so many times to me, meeting up with a carpool at Bob Evan's, and then trying to get back on to get on the HOV lanes.)

SuzAnne View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuzAnne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 2:57pm
quote:
Originally posted by Undisclosed
[br]Wow, two bites with a single cast of the rod. I'm even better than I thought! You go, RLD!!!

Oh, Undisclosed!

Now I see why you attack RLD.

But you know, your "girlfriend" told me something similar, and no, not about the two bites.

He said it's true. You really do think you are better than you actually are.

Have a great weekend!
Undisclosed View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2005 at 4:24pm
quote:
You really do think you are better than you actually are.

Why thank you, SuzAnne, but I really don't think that is humanly possible.
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2005 at 1:26am
Hey

I got an idea, undisclosed, why don't you and other sluggers meet, not to beat you up but to prove you are real. Name the place and time...or leave this board forever...
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2005 at 4:18pm
Gee, CallmeMrSlug, if I'm not real, how do my messages get posted?

Tell you what. Remember when Robert Lang Direct said "The Code of Virginia provides for parking on all roads unless otherwise posted." If he can produce an cite to the Commonwealth of Virginia code which EXPLICITLY says that "parking is permitted unless otherwise posted" then I'll never post again.

The section must actually say that, not some bizarre construction where the code says "set your brake and cock your wheels when you park" and RLD says that means you can park anywhere. Of course, that applies to when you are otherwise LEGALLY parked, it does not create legal parking. Otherwise, I could just stop on the 14th Street bridge, cock my wheels and walk away. There are no signs prohibiting parking on that highway.

Just think of the public service RLD could do if he can back up his claim! But, alas, I'm not holding my breath.
defender View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote defender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2005 at 8:40am
Undisclosed,

RLD did not state what you noted above. You have taken what he said out of context and used a partial quote to make it seem as if he has said something that he didn't.

You, however, said that you had a letter, said that the person agreed to release the letter, said it was from an insurance company (who denies they sent the letter, BTW), and said that you do not have the ability to scan the latter.

You Sir, have NO CREDIBILITY. In fact, it is not that you appear to be a liar, NO! YOU ARE A LIAR. You are a repeated liar and we assume that even if RLD found the code you suggest, you would continue to post because, again, you are a liar.

But there is hope. Since you say that you are not holding your breath (above), maybe that too is a lie and you will soon expire, or at least passout and spare us any more of your only slightly imaginative lies.

New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undisclosed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2005 at 6:13pm
Are you one of those public defenders who tries to twist the facts to get your client off?

Out of context? Hardly. Here is the COMPLETE POST by our favorite "make up the facts, Robert Lang Direct":

-- Posted by RLD - 04 Oct 2005 : 15:41:01

Cmtz65;

Parking on all of Interstate Drive was absolutely legal. The Code of Virginia provides for parking on all roads unless otherwise posted. Therefore, parking was, explicit to the law, LEGAL. It was only after Maureen Caddigan's office wrote VDOT to complain about the congestion that commuters were causing on this dangerous road that VDOT came by with NO PARKING signs.

Now, with that said, what time do you get to Horner Road and when is it filled?
HOV3Slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HOV3Slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2005 at 7:15pm
Undisclosed,
Are pissed with RLD because he attacked Maureen Caddigan? I am trying to figure out why you dragged him into this tread of discussion. I would guess you are a woman who knows Maureen well and now you’re taking it personal with RLD. Your intro of RLD in this topic just doesn’t sound masculine and it’s completely unrelated to the topic at hand. I feel like I am talking to my wife when she brings stuff up that’s not relevant, i.e., “What the hell that have to do with anything!”

PS: Maureen, you better not be Undisclosed. I’ll vote your ass out of office.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic