Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

out of gas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 10:54am
last year a guy was driving us and his radiator blew a hole. it was only 57 degrees outside.it was an old engine i guess. is this why they push for hybrids?
As i walked away, the headlight fell off. i thought what kind of crazy stuff?
BabblinB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 11:10am
You may call this fluff if you like, but it was the worst week slugging I've had! Though I've only slugged for three months, this takes the cake... no bad news yet this week! And I still have a job! :) Happy Holidays as the bush admin. would like us to say
MSCUSN View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSCUSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 3:42pm
quote:
Originally posted by BabblinB
[br]You may call this fluff if you like, but it was the worst week slugging I've had! Though I've only slugged for three months, this takes the cake... no bad news yet this week! And I still have a job! :) Happy Holidays as the bush admin. would like us to say

No, Happy Holidays as the ACLU and the left wing of the Democratic Party would say. And thanks for all the fluff!
scoobydoo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2005 at 4:26pm
Come on say it with me, it won't hurt. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
BabblinB View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabblinB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 9:51am
No fluff here gentlemen I don't want to be accused of being associated with these "trolls," fluffy or not...I'm not in class trying to piss off anyone I can like these other guys. I sat on a green lollipop in a buick skylark earlier last week and also had to help push a Honda Accord Station Wagon for three blocks on Friday. This is no laughing matter, I was nearly terminated from my employment for my appearence when I finally arrived. I may have to join Baz in Slug heaven if I continue to be persecuted!
avparr View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avparr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 10:02am
Last year something similar happened to me, but I was the driver. I picked up a couple of slugs at the Pentagon. As we approached the HOV lane one slug commented on my gas light. I was assured that we would make it home (have calculated my MPG from the time the light turns on til "empty"). But I started getting nervous because I felt he jinxed me :) Well all was going well until we hit Edsall rd., it was backed up some and then my nerves got worse. I asked my slugs for their opinion. They both said it was up to me. Well I kept on watching my speed, then my gas, back to my speed, then the traffic. Well now I started thinking strategically. If I got off at Springfield, it would take a while to get gas and get back on HOV. Woodbridge would've taken longer. So I made it to 234 and pumped $5. Both slugs appreciated that I got gas and they also appreciated that I took 234 to do so.

Although I kept it safe, I still think I would've made it home :)
PanaRican View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanaRican Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 10:25am
quote:
Originally posted by scoobydoo
[br]Come on say it with me, it won't hurt. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

MEEEERRRRRY CHRISTMAS!!!! [:X]
Freud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 11:00am
quote:
Originally posted by avparr
[br]Last year something similar happened to me, but I was the driver. I picked up a couple of slugs at the Pentagon. As we approached the HOV lane one slug commented on my gas light. I was assured that we would make it home (have calculated my MPG from the time the light turns on til "empty"). But I started getting nervous because I felt he jinxed me :) Well all was going well until we hit Edsall rd., it was backed up some and then my nerves got worse. I asked my slugs for their opinion. They both said it was up to me. Well I kept on watching my speed, then my gas, back to my speed, then the traffic. Well now I started thinking strategically. If I got off at Springfield, it would take a while to get gas and get back on HOV. Woodbridge would've taken longer. So I made it to 234 and pumped $5. Both slugs appreciated that I got gas and they also appreciated that I took 234 to do so.

Although I kept it safe, I still think I would've made it home :)

You know your car better than anyone else and how far to push it. I would have kept on going. Good choice, though, Rte. 234. [:D] Also, in determining which exit to get off to get gas, make sure its an exit that will allow you back onto the HOV - which I think is only the Springfield area.

I was in a carpool a few years ago and had to use the bathroom so badly that I made them pull off on an exit so I could go. Traffic was atrocious of course, but I had to use the bathroom so bad that I couldn't even stand up straight. But anyway, of course when we were going back to the interstate there was no where to get back on the HOV (We got off at Woodbridge) and we had to sit in crappy traffic. Boy it sucked.......
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 12:10pm
Yeah, REAL crappy traffic, get it? Number two? Crappy? Hello?
Ok, sorry. I don't think I would have pushed a station wagon, at least call a service truck with one of those hooks on the back. Are you sure there are even station wagon accords?
If I was a driver, and I don't know if this is excessive or not, I would carry an extra battery, jumper cables, flashlight, spare tire, and gas can.
SillyBilly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SillyBilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2005 at 12:14pm
Although...we rode once with a driver who had a flat tire and no spare to replace it.i guess it was our fault for getting in. he was the last car for the evening. i saw the flat tire, got in and hoped that he was going to fix it. we sat for five minutes and he goes"you realize i have a flat tire? and i don't have a spare.

and what's the deal with those cars with no drivers that keep going up and down the street all day? it's like watching a ghost drive a car.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic