Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I-95S shut down

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dkofva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 2:24pm
WTOP is reporting that the accident is cleared but there is heavy traffic in the main and express lanes.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 2:40pm
2:33 PM 12/21/05 Conditions

I-95 Southbound at US 1/Woodbridge

Accident cleared: ALL LANES OPEN. JAMMED LEAVING THE BELTWAY. INNER LOOP IS SLOW BEFORE VAN DORN ST TO I-95.
Freud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 2:49pm
So does that mean that the HOV remains open to everyone now for the rest of the day? Or are they restricting it at 3:30?
fryed_1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fryed_1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 2:55pm
I doubt they lift the restrictions today. It looks like it's been cleared for more than an hour now.
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 2:58pm
Does anyone know what website we can check to see if HOV is still open to all traffic?
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 3:01pm
VDOT's website isn't very helpful
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 3:15pm
what is VDOT's website?
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 3:18pm
l
Freud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 3:24pm
quote:
Originally posted by fryed_1
[br]I doubt they lift the restrictions today. It looks like it's been cleared for more than an hour now.

True. I forget the restrictions are lifted in the afternoons anyhow so there would be no need to keep it open to everyone.

Ever notice that everyone piles into the HOV lanes just because they can even though the regular lanes happen to be moving faster? Doesn't make much sense, does it? LOL
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2005 at 3:25pm
Yall do know about the WTOP camera site. It is great. Gives you all you need to know on the HOV.

http://www.wtopnews.com/?sid=604381&nid=370
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic