Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Out of gas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 12:59pm
Here's that thread from "babblin B" : (its hilarious)
Why wouldn't you fill up your tank before you pick slugs up for work? Today I had to help push my drivers car. I was unhappy and still am. My boss was mad when I showed up with lollipop on my pants, today I show up covered in sweat and with tatters in my clothes! I even lost a shoe string! I had to push his car three miles to a gas station. Then he asked me for gas money. I might get fired if this happens again. What do you do with an irresponsible drivers?
Jerry Seinfeld View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Seinfeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 12:59pm
TATTER Totts? What's the deal with tatter tots?
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 1:00pm
Does the REAL Jerry know you are throwing pour punch lines out there?
Jerry Seinfeld View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Seinfeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 1:01pm
I AM the real thing. I'm just slugging to work like the rest of you.
SillyBilly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SillyBilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 1:02pm
Yeah I saw that van DC2RV. The guy pulled up with the gas can, the cop ran his plate and found out the car that pulled up with the gas can had outstanding warrants and tried to question the guy. The guy threw the gas can out the window and took off. The cop, not wanting a car hitting the gas can and causing a fire ball, ran out into traffic to fetch the can.
The cop then poured the gas into the carberator and gas tank, then took off in his cruiser after the perp.
I saw it on the news.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 8:12pm
The Trooper was great - serving and protecting per the motto.

I did feel bad for the person in the backseat of the van though - she asked if the driver could take a third. And he did.
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2006 at 9:41am
Bet the third person was like " why did I have to ask?"
Luvmyhybrid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvmyhybrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2006 at 4:00pm
quote:
Originally posted by TROLL
[br]HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [:D]OH MAN! You are too much luvmyhybrid. I can see that happening. I don't know if a driver would pick you up but maybe a state trooper thinking you were insane.

While that's funny to you, there's been times where I've seen car's broken down with people standing along the guardrail...my guess is they're sluggers just trying to get to work/home. What a "random act of kindness" if a "slug-driver" would take the time to stop and give them a ride to the nearest commuter lot.
SillyBilly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SillyBilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2006 at 4:49pm
Yeah I saw that van DC2RV. The guy pulled up with the gas can, the cop ran his plate and found out the car that pulled up with the gas can had outstanding warrants and tried to question the guy. The guy threw the gas can out the window and took off. The cop, not wanting a car hitting the gas can and causing a fire ball, ran out into traffic to fetch the can.
The cop then poured the gas into the carberator and gas tank, then took off in his cruiser after the perp.
I saw it on the news.
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2006 at 4:53pm
Uh-huh.

Any way...why wouldn't someone stop for the broken down slugs? Maybe the car was already full. I tend to chose a newer car to ride in. I'm not about to get into (unless I absolutely have to) a car that is puffing smoke from the exhaust, no seatbelts, or broken or no windows. Clear signs of a good chance at a break-down.
Although newer cars can break down just as easily. So it's just a chance to take.
But ultimately the driver should make sure they are well off on the gas situation BEFORE picking anyone up.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic