Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Out of gas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tangelo53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 12:26pm
While that's funny to you, there's been times where I've seen car's broken down with people standing along the guardrail...my guess is they're sluggers just trying to get to work/home. What a "random act of kindness" if a "slug-driver" would take the time to stop and give them a ride to the nearest commuter lot.

Hey Luvmyhybrid- would you or have you ever stopped to pick anyone up that is stranded? That would be the good thing to do as a Hybrid driver in the HOV lanes, considering you probably have an empty car, and us "regular" drivers who abide by the HOV3 requirement have full cars.
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 1:07pm
WOOHOO! Mark one up for Tangelo![:D]
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 1:18pm
luvmyhybrid doesn't drive a hybrid for commuting if I recall correctly. It's just a name.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
slugbeans View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugbeans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 3:40pm
i pooped in my pants!
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 4:41pm
Get out of here! And leave your gold star behind. You don't deserve it.[:(!]
SillyBilly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SillyBilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 4:44pm
Doesn't have a hybrid? Just a name?!? That's like me saying my name is Serious Billy, or stuffed bras. It's false advertisement![:p]
Jerry Seinfeld View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Seinfeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2006 at 4:46pm
What's the deal with stuffed Bras? I mean isn't that false advertisement? And what's the deal with gold stars?
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2006 at 9:26am
Last summer I made the mistake of getting into an older car that sounded bad - red flag, but it was going all the way to 14th and L Sts. so it was hard to pass up from Horner Rd. lot. As we progressed (me in the back seat) the young female was driving like a bat-out-of-Hell to the point where I was very uncomfortable. Finally said something to her about slowing down and the next thing I know, we are. Good - I'll live to see retirement.

This was NOT a good sign. I kept looking at the speedometer and we were now going 40 mph, now 30, now 20, now we were becoming road hazard. I quickly asked what was going on and she said the engine had died. I'm telling her NOT to stop on the road but pull off - NOW!!

We were just before the Springfield exit and after about 10 minutes a VDOT guy shows up. He tries to jump-start her but her battery was shot and later he told me that her engine was shot, too, but he didn't have the heart to tell her.

After over 10 years of slugging this is the second time that an old car died on me. Last time I was leaving the Pentagon and 3 of us ladies merely walked the distance back to the slugline after unsucessfully trying to hitchhike. All of the cars already had 3 in and wouldn't stop. It was very hot and we had already been in the slugline for 20 minutes. We had to get in the back of the line again.

This time I asked the VDOT guy to take me and another guy to the Metro and he said he could only do one at a time so he called another guy to come for him. He also called a wrecker for her and her POS. I also noticed that her gas gage was pretty low after we got on the road so eventually that would have become an issue. What is with these people??? The other slug told me when we were out of the car that he was scared and was glad that I spoke up about the speeding.

By the way neither one of us felt bad for "leaving" her by herself. I got to work two hours late - and no, I was not docked for leave and have never been docked. A fellow co-worker slugger came in almost 3 hours late just this week and was not docked leave.
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2006 at 10:06am
Agree. I am very thankful for the drivers,and I hate to be a picky chooser. BUT- there are sometimes when you shouldn't be driving especially if you know or "aren't sure" if the condition of your car isn't up "to speed".
SillyBilly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SillyBilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2006 at 10:14am
One time I rode in a clunker type car and the tire went flat, then the car started over heating. While we all stood in the freezing cold snow, the head light fell off and we basically just duck taped the car back together. Two hours later we were on our way and very late for work
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic