Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Out of gas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OPfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Out of gas
    Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 9:05am
Last Friday afternoon the car in which I was riding ran out of gas in the HOV lanes. As luck would have it, we ended up near one of the exits in Springfield. I decided to leave the knuckle-head behind and walk up the ramp to arrange for another ride home. I'd like to know what other people have done in this situation?
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 10:46am
There was a thread that Some guy (can't remember his name Bobbin something...) that was riding in a car and it ran out of gas, he ended up pushing the car for the guy to a gas station. The funny (or made up part) was that the driver had no money to pay for the gas.
What was YOUR drivers reaction when you walked away?[:p]
Jerry Seinfeld View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry Seinfeld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2006 at 10:48am
What's the deal with running out of gas? I mean do the drivers just get in the car and not check the gas gauge hoping that some majic fairy is going to put gas in their tank?
This seems to be happening a lot lately.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 7:19am
Must be the poor wages and the high price of gasoline. [:p]
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 7:33am
I was in a van that ran out of gas on a Friday afternoon. We rolled to a stop in the HOV lanes near the Duke St exit. Traffic was heavy in both HOV and main lanes, so leaving wasn't an option.

The driver called his brother, who lived in Woodbridge, to bring us some gas. So we waited about an hour for this guy to show up.

A state trooper noticed us and pulled up behind with his emergency lights on to alert traffic that we were "broken down." When the brother showed up with the gas, the trooper ran across the lanes (the brother was in the northbound lanes) to get the gas can.

He's the one who actually poured the gas into the tank - the driver was somehow unable to. The trooper went above and beyond - kudos.

I haven't seen the driver since.
Luvmyhybrid View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luvmyhybrid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 11:12am
So, if this were me (stranded as a rider) what's the options for having someone in the HOV's pick me up along side of the road? Should I just hold up my 610 sign and hope that a nice slug-driver stops? Sure would be a nice thing to do.
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 12:45pm
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [:D]OH MAN! You are too much luvmyhybrid. I can see that happening. I don't know if a driver would pick you up but maybe a state trooper thinking you were insane.
SillyBilly View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SillyBilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 12:49pm
Yeah I saw that van DC2RV. The guy pulled up with the gas can, the cop ran his plate and found out the car that pulled up with the gas can had outstanding warrants and tried to question the guy. The guy threw the gas can out the window and took off. The cop, not wanting a car hitting the gas can and causing a fire ball, ran out into traffic to fetch the can.
The cop then poured the gas into the carberator and gas tank, then took off in his cruiser after the perp.
I saw it on the news.
TROLL View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TROLL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 12:54pm
That's ridiculous! What kind of news report were YOU watching?
scoobydoo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoobydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2006 at 12:55pm
That sucked, waiting for an hour. I hope you were going home, not to work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic