Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Hybrid Owners  You took Over HOV now out web site?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHybrid Owners You took Over HOV now out web site?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winglover1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2008 at 9:02pm
Personally I love my SUV, and when I pull my boat or Camper with it, it gets gas mileage that I don't complain about because I chose that lifestyle. True, I don't drive it much with the high price of gas, but when I need the towing, hauling, or people transport features, it does performs very well. This last weekend I had three steamer trunks, 6 plastic tubs of merchandise, and six dell printers and three humans in it. IN IT, not strapped to the roof, or bumper, in it. No freaking way a Prius would haul that load. You would have to make 6 or more trips to Harpers Ferry to get the merchadise there. 50 miles per gallon devided by 6 trips is much less than the 18 Mpg the tank gets on the open highway. It all boils down to what you purchased the vehicle for.... Simple commuting, one or two people? Hybrids make sense. Add the three kids, two dogs, luggage, cooler et, and the vehicle has to be bigger.

When there is three feet of snow, they don't go on the radio and ask Prius owners to take Nurses and Doctors to the Hospitals, they ask us SUV owners to step up. Now if the Doctor just wants a ride so he can leave his BMW or Mercedes SUV in his Garage, I drive away smiling.

Hybrids have their place in the scheme of things, just as SUV's do.

When my Suburban is paid off, I will be buying a hybrid of some sort, just to balance it out. Now if only Toyota made a Hybrid Solara convertible! Yes, I would be first in line! It wouldn't have much of a trunk, but who cares!

When I do get my Hybrid, I will continue to pick up Slugs. It just makes sense! Besides, I enjoy the company!
[:o)]

AKA Mr. Bill
Oh Nooo!!!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2008 at 12:44am
wing,
What makes NO sense is for you to drive your Suburban for commuting. Even with slugs.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2008 at 8:57am
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV

wing,
What makes NO sense is for you to drive your Suburban for commuting. Even with slugs.

What makes NO sense is that you, a 'non-slug', SOV driver are still hanging around this website harassing us slugs.

Some good advice: Those who say it can't/shouldn't be done, should not criticize those of us who are doing it!

Some more good advice: fill up those seats in your car! As long as you ride SOV, you have no right to criticize those of us ride HOV.
winglover1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winglover1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 1:44am
I never said that I use my SUV for commuting. Re-read my post... I have a Toyota Camry that I drive when I have to drive the car in. If for some reason the Camry is in the shop (rare) then I might have to drive the Suburban. But just so you know... It only gets about 4 miles per gallon less than the V6 Camry on the highway and can hold 8 people instead of the five the Camry can carry (tightly). So.... Technically, it should make much MORE sense to take the truck as I could fill it up and make 7 peoples commute... It's all in how you look at it. You must be one of those poor brainwashed people that think that all SUV owners are evil... Sorry pal, not evil, just my choice. Just as you have the rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, as do I. What one chooses that brings you happiness is what makes this country great. I have a Camry for the small jobs, and the SUV for the big ones.

Anyway... I rode the motorcycle today and it gets 40 MPG! Twice the Camry, but none of the slugs wanted to get on the back! There is just no pleasing some people. [:0]

quote:

wing,

AKA Mr. Bill
Oh Nooo!!!
winglover1 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winglover1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 1:51am
He doesn't pick up sluggers?
What the freak? Oh, I get it, he just like to Pontificate his views on the masses? Hmmm.... Very suspect.

quote:
Originally posted by raymond

quote:

wing,

What makes NO sense is that you, a 'non-slug', SOV driver are still hanging around this website harassing us slugs.

Some good advice: Those who say it can't/shouldn't be done, should not criticize those of us who are doing it!

Some more good advice: fill up those seats in your car! As long as you ride SOV, you have no right to criticize those of us ride HOV.

AKA Mr. Bill
Oh Nooo!!!
Flyby View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flyby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2008 at 4:46pm
Excuse me for not reading through all the previous postings but has anyone else gotten the impression that newer hybrids (those purchased after 7/1/06) that weren't supposed to be eligible for the exempted 'clean fuel' tags with the emblem on the left are showing up WITH those tags? I've seen models of hybrids that I know are less than two years old and they have the old clean fuel tags enabling them to use the HOV lanes without 3 occupants. Are the dealers getting away with letting new purchasers use their old hybrid tags on their new vehicles? How closely does DMV monitor this? Has anyone else noticed this trend?

Flyby

Flyby
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 8:21pm
Yes. Once you get one of the old plates, you can transfer it to a new hybrid -- as long as the new hybrid is on the VDOT approved list of hybrids. [;)] Plate transfer rules apply.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2008 at 11:11pm
quote:

quote:

wing,

raymond - you need to be HOV-5 in a conventional compact to have a say in the environmental problems you are causing 100% of the time you are in an automobile. ARE YOU? Or just writing to AGAIN show your ignorance. Those SUVs need to be HOV-15...winglover it's NOT the mpg, but the emissions.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2008 at 3:59pm
quote:

quote:

quote:

wing,

raymond - you need to be HOV-5 in a conventional compact to have a say in the environmental problems you are causing 100% of the time you are in an automobile. ARE YOU? Or just writing to AGAIN show your ignorance. Those SUVs need to be HOV-15...winglover it's NOT the mpg, but the emissions.

BTW it's the mpg AND the emissions, and the traffic congestion! They are all our problems now! Fill up those hybrid seats!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2008 at 9:10pm
What congestion?

If only VA had stayed the course with the hybrid exemption
- gas prices would be lower
- emissions would be lower
- people would be more inclined to pay for transportation benefits - like their ride to work

raymond -- get with the program and GET A HYBRID! EVERYone will thank you. 100% of your time in an auto would be better for both mpg and emissions, not just the commute, AND you, yes raymond, you, could pick up slugs and do MORE than your share.

What's keeping you back? Don't want to be a hero?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910 15>
  Share Topic