Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Goodbye All

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Goodbye All
    Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 11:07am
After 43 years and the last 16 of it commuting from Spotsylvania and Louisa, Friday is my last day...I am retiring. I'm driving all week and picking up 3 slugs. I have been on 2 bus services, 2 vanpools, rode the miserable train and for the past several years slugged with a little driving mixed in. Slugging is the best form of transportation there is anywhere. Like all of my fellow slugs and drivers I have had some unusual rides and passengers. But, all-in-all each and every ride was good. I have met some nice people, both drivers and fellow slugs. Some of whom I will remain in touch with.

So to all of you, goodbye and keep working to continue the slugging tradition.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 12:35pm
Enjoy!!!

:'}
SJS View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SJS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 3:25pm
Congrats on your retirement! I believe you told us the other morning that you have retired from 2 jobs (this being the second one)and will now be gainfully employed closer to home. I wish you all the best and am glad you will not have to make this commute anymore!
dickboyd View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dickboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2006 at 6:29pm
quote:
Originally posted by wmcg
[br]After 43 years and the last 16 of it commuting from Spotsylvania and Louisa, Friday is my last day...I am retiring. I'm driving all week and picking up 3 slugs. I have been on 2 bus services, 2 vanpools, rode the miserable train and for the past several years slugged with a little driving mixed in. Slugging is the best form of transportation there is anywhere. Like all of my fellow slugs and drivers I have had some unusual rides and passengers. But, all-in-all each and every ride was good. I have met some nice people, both drivers and fellow slugs. Some of whom I will remain in touch with.

So to all of you, goodbye and keep working to continue the slugging tradition.

Congratulations. Enjoy it, you earned it.

dickboyd@aol.com
wmcg View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wmcg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2006 at 7:42am
quote:
Originally posted by SJS
[br]Congrats on your retirement! I believe you told us the other morning that you have retired from 2 jobs (this being the second one)and will now be gainfully employed closer to home. I wish you all the best and am glad you will not have to make this commute anymore!

Yes SJS, I retired from the USN in 1983 after 21+ years, went directly into the old US Customs Service and then to FAA for 22 years. I have a small consulting business I will manage out of my home and have booked more labor hours already than I really wanted to work. But what the heck, I can get up early (0600) catch a bass and be to work at 0800.

WFM
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2006 at 2:21pm
I'm green with envy. Happy retirement!!
tlschau View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tlschau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2006 at 3:09pm
Congratulations and enjoy.
VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2006 at 12:07pm
WMCG - Best of Luck in your retirement, and may you always have something to keep you busy your coming days!

Congratulations! [8D] Enjoy the Sunshine!
MSCUSN View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSCUSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2006 at 3:45pm
Congratulations and have a GREAT retirement!!!
Admin View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2006 at 7:56am
WMCG - enjoy your retirement and I'm glad to know slugging helped you like it has so many of us.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic