Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spring break

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spring break
    Posted: 26 Apr 2006 at 12:16pm
get rid of these spammers please...
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 12:43pm
NOW I do, believe me. I have learned my lesson in more ways than you guys could imagine. Hence why I dropped the V8's and went the 4 cylinder route. I am a VERY safe driver nowadays, im getting older, cant do what I did when I was a little younger.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 12:32pm
And with that drving record you want slugs to risk life and limb with you behind the wheel? [V] Hope you have good liability coverage. [:)] Please drive safely and sanely, my friend. [;)]
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 12:24pm
Take it from a high who has driven high-profile vehicles all his life (until now). If there is a way to get out of a ticket, I know it. Sure I have been busted, and not contested it, and I have had attorneys, and I have paid some HUGE fines. BUT, in my example, you CAN get out of it by claiming profiling.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 12:19pm
BM,

Are you asking for a police officer to testify to what he DIDN'T see (e.g. other speeders) as opposed to what he DID see (the one pulled over because he had him dead to rights and in radar gun sights)? In the normal course of court cases, witnesses are only asked to tell what they did see.

Don't think you have a chance of making that one work. You can get out of most speeding tickets in many places by merely showing up in court though. The ones who do break the laws do induce drag on an entire system by taking police officers from doing other duties that may relatively be more important in the course of their day.

Consider: more laws broken, more enforcement necessary. What's the gov't response? More law enforcement officers and equipment. Now, wanna speak to increasing taxation?

I'd like to hear if you can make a "profiling defense" work vs a speeding ticket. Even if you aren't speeding...but then, you wouldn't get a speeding ticket if you weren't speeding--probably.

Note: I'm not saying I don't speed, but I don't think I can use some excuse that may be based on other "sensitivities" to get out of paying the penalty when I've done wrong.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 11:34am
I've had many a speeding and reckless driving ticket. If they get you, they get you. If all the other cars drove off a bridge, would you do it too? And who's fault would it be if you did. Next time I get hit I'll try that in court, I might get lucky
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 11:32am
the better question is, how can the cop justify in all honesty that you were 1 of 10 that was going the fastest when all are at the same speed?
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 11:19am
quote:
Originally posted by bigmike
[br]sure it is, if 10 cars are going 80 in a 65, im in the middle and they stop ME, that WILL get thrown out of court. I have seen it AND been a victim of it.

That's the first time I've heard that. I've always thought that it would be just my bad luck since I WAS speeding. If this is true, how do you prove in court that there were others speeding with you?
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 11:06am
sure it is, if 10 cars are going 80 in a 65, im in the middle and they stop ME, that WILL get thrown out of court. I have seen it AND been a victim of it.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 10:11am
It's not profiling if you're the one the radar gun happened to be locked on. I'm sure the boys in blue can't make out the color of your skin a mile down the road.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic