Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spring break

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariam0673 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 8:57am
yeah, I can't speak from experience...never driven a manual...I've just always heard people complain about how tough it is with traffic around here...but then again none of them rode in the HOV lanes [8D]
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 9:11am
The topic of this thread is "Spring Break." It is Spring Break. I believe the traffic is just a bit lighter than usual (how about 40 percent?). Next week starting Tues.- welcome to reality.

And driving 80? I believe that is reckless driving, about 8 points (?) on your license and higher insurance.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 9:21am
actually, bob, go to the pet peeves topic and watch the movie. It explains all. And 80 in a 65 is NOT reckless, its merely speeding as reckless is 20+ mph over, not 15. Also, Reckless driving carries a maximum penalty of 6 points, $2000 fine, and up to a year in jail. BUT, 80 in a 65 is speeding, not reckless.

AND, a slug I picked up this morning recognized me, and hopefully she posts because she agreed that 80 is not that fast and acceptable speeds for the route we take at the time we take it.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 9:26am
In Virginia, 80 mph is reckless driving. There is a special clause that states that 80 is always considered reckless, even in a 65. Call the VA state police if you dont believe it.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 9:29am
I dont have to believe it, 100 is considered reckless regardless of the speed limit, 80 is not, it is STILL considered speeding in a 65 zone. And I will check the VA Code and quote it if you like...
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 9:32am
here ya go, I love working at a law firm:

"§ 46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit.

A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit where the applicable speed limit is thirty miles per hour or less, (ii) at a speed of sixty miles per hour or more where the applicable maximum speed limit is thirty-five miles per hour, (iii) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limits where the applicable maximum speed limit is forty miles per hour or more, or (iv) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit."

Notice it says in EXCESS of 80, so if I dont do 81, it is still considered speeding. :-)
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 9:35am
BUT, mind you, read this carefully, IF 40 other cars are going the same speed, and they pull me over, thats profiling and they cant do that.

Want to continue the argument?
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 9:38am
Thanks for the code. It proves what I said.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 9:40am
NO, you said 80 itself is reckless, its not, 81+ is. :-) Its too early to be bickering over this subject. Just watch the movie I made.
ronin718 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronin718 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2006 at 10:11am
It's not profiling if you're the one the radar gun happened to be locked on. I'm sure the boys in blue can't make out the color of your skin a mile down the road.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic