Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asking to Take Three?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 10:32am
Oosik,

Agreed, you did as is within your perogative to do. As a slug, I just wait for the driver to indicate that 3 is allowed. Others don't.

Should be ok, don't go feeling bad about it. I've found there's a lot of slugs out there who don't understand the "code" of slugging. They should be pointed to the expectations outlined on this website.

Recommend the site next time too!

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2006 at 8:51am
This morning I arrived at the slug lot at about 0610 and there were about 12 people waiting for rides. I picked up my two slugs and the third guy in line asked if I would take three (I do have a van). I told him "no." Whether he assumed I would take three or chose to ignore me, he began climbing into the van. I then told him a little more directly that I only take two.

If it had been later in the morning (or if the weather had been something other than absolutely beautiful), I would have taken three because slugs depend upon getting reliable rides. But at 0610, I KNOW that there are many other drivers coming behind me who depend on having slugs to drive HOV. Since drivers are the ones paying for insurance, upkeep and nearly $3 a gallon gas, I do not see that I should have to expose myself to extra liability and worse gas milage just to make a slug's morning commute a few minutes faster.

While the slugs in my line this morning may not have appreciated my decision, I know that some driver who is PAYING for the trip, did appreciate having slugs available for his ride to work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic