Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asking to Take Three?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 1:12pm
GMHP....I think I love you! lol

hehe
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 1:35pm
Out with the bad air, in with the good.

Keep doing it until everyone is VERRRRRRY relaxed.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 3:31pm
Don't hold back GMHP, tell us how you really feel :)
adjguy View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2006 at 8:40pm

Nicely put GMHP.

122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2006 at 6:11am
Wow, how many years have you been a student at Oprah U?

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2006 at 12:15pm
I do believe that 122582 has been put in his place. YEAHHHHHHH Way to go gmhp!!
CeeJay View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CeeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2006 at 1:09pm
if i might hijack this thread back on topic for just a minute? i pick slugs up very occasionally, because i drive a car that isn't terrible comfortable for the person in the back seat. i pick up only when i've left it too late to get in on time without picking up riders. i can't take a third, because there is no foot room behind my seat. and when asked to take a third, even after i have indicated 2 riders, i've gotten eye rolls as if i was selfish. and this happens every single time of those occasional times when i pick up instead of drive in the main lanes.

now responding to the ongoing conversation in this thread. yes gmhp, you were provoked, but i think your remark about the Homeland Security Department was uncalled for. no i don't work for them, but i think that if all were known, you might find that you had someone working in your own organization with the same predilictions as the jerk recently outed in the press. you just made it seem like everyone who works for the Department of Homeland Security is a sleeze bag. nice going.
Freud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2006 at 12:00pm
GMHP, I know that you were offended and you had every right to fire back at 122582, but I think the essence of his message to you was purely of jest and no real ill will intended. Granted, he probably won't give you a ride home, but I bet you 122582's tip that he is not going to turn you over on his knee and give you a spanking....LOL

I found the the exchange quite humorous if anything.....thanks for the chuckle!
MSCUSN View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSCUSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2006 at 3:40pm
Wow, between GMHP and 122 someone would get the impression this was a grip board rather than an information board. Bottom line is this, gas prices are high, and will probably go higher, no one’s fault here I am sure. I have to drive everyday and do not seek a tip, nor do I want one, but I can understand some people feeling the burdened should be shared. I prefer not to carry a third rider, and do not like it when the riders get upset because I wont take a third or give door to door service. So I guess I am trying to say, chill out people….. after all if gas prices keep going higher, I will not need to pick up riders, the number of cars will decrease where the commute is the same in the HOV and regular lanes (guess there is a silver lining in the gas price cloud).
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2006 at 8:14pm
Here is my conclusion.

Driver:

Has to fill up car (their choice on gas station, and grade of fuel)
Has to go to a slug line to pick up riders (their choice to do this)
Has made a decision to take people to work

Slug:

Has to fill up their car to drive to lot (their choice on gas station, and grade of fuel)
Has gone to a slug line to get picked up (their choice to do this)
Has made a decision to get taken to work by a stranger

HOW ON EARTH can a driver, who willingly goes to pick up people to get to work faster, DEMAND to get paid? If it wasnt for the slugs, you would be in the normal lanes. DO NOT ask for money, do NOT complain if you can take 3, 4, or 6. If they are all going to the same location, GET IN! There is never a shortage of slugs and if there are, so what!? Thats how life is. Get over it, get on HOV at 9am, and get to work as best you can. Its that easy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic