Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asking to Take Three?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adjguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2006 at 10:21pm
Amen
quote:
Originally posted by bigmike
[br]Here is my conclusion.

Driver:

Has to fill up car (their choice on gas station, and grade of fuel)
Has to go to a slug line to pick up riders (their choice to do this)
Has made a decision to take people to work

Slug:

Has to fill up their car to drive to lot (their choice on gas station, and grade of fuel)
Has gone to a slug line to get picked up (their choice to do this)
Has made a decision to get taken to work by a stranger

HOW ON EARTH can a driver, who willingly goes to pick up people to get to work faster, DEMAND to get paid? If it wasnt for the slugs, you would be in the normal lanes. DO NOT ask for money, do NOT complain if you can take 3, 4, or 6. If they are all going to the same location, GET IN! There is never a shortage of slugs and if there are, so what!? Thats how life is. Get over it, get on HOV at 9am, and get to work as best you can. Its that easy.

MSCUSN View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSCUSN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2006 at 9:27am
Well BigMike, I agree with everything except "if you can take 3, 4, or 6. If they are all going to the same location"; my vehicle will hold 5 people (4 riders and me), but I will take ONLY 3 (2 riders and myself, do not care how long the line is or what the weather is like.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2006 at 10:17am
If BM (nice initials, by the way) thinks there is never a shortage of slugs, he could learn something by stopping by the Horner Road 14th St. line anytime after 7:00, or the Rosslyn/Crystal City line at Potomac Mills. Many cars, few slugs.

Taking an extra person is simply a courtesy, not a requirement. But if you never ever take a third, then you are probably not going to heaven.

(Dante describes the torments of the perpetually selfish on the third plane of Hell: made to wear seatbelts in the backseat while listening to two frontseat demons debating hybrids. Kinda like this board.)
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2006 at 11:07am
I tried Horner road, it sucked, so I now go to the old Hechinger's lot.

WHICH, by the way, only had slugs to 18 & M, so I had to learn THAT part of town this morning.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2006 at 1:04pm
Horner is not good after 7:15 a.m. for drivers or riders. Seems to me the action picks up about then at Potomac Mills.

Except on Mondays and Fridays when there are still spaces for parking at 8:15.

What happens, though, is that when cars for 14th St. stack up, self-centered jerks cruise the back lots trying to scam up slugs rather than wait their turn in line or go to another lot.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2006 at 1:33pm
where is it at the mall? I live right behind potomac mills and it would be SOOO convenient to go there instead of down to tackett's.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 12:02pm
There are three lines (at least) on the south side of the main mall just to the east of the new cinema. approximately right in front of the Mall's main entrance. You'll see it pretty clearly. Please join us! There are plenty of parking spaces.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 12:05pm
oh no, I wouldnt be slugging, id be picking up. But since VAP and I have become regulars, I will more than likely only head over there on the days she dont go to work. I drop my girl off at that entrance everyday so look for me and give a wave!
vapinky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vapinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 12:52pm
And by the way, I don't like to share my toys!!! LOL
[:)]
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 12:58pm
we had to share this morning! Although when you got out, she was saying she didnt really enjoy our convo. Hmmph. Next time I wont jump the curb to let her out just so she dont get hit by oncoming cars. Some are so unappreciative.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 11>
  Share Topic