Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Rappahannock Commission Asking for Ideas for 610!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rappahannock Commission Asking for Ideas for 610!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2002 at 3:44pm
The county is short on funds, but if a business could get involved it would be a great idea. And what better than a coffee shop? Although, I feel like I am dreaming when I even say coffee shop in a commuter lot....but it would be pretty neat. :)

Think!
610slug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 610slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2002 at 4:15pm
Garrett construction sure has a bunch of money...

Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2002 at 4:25pm
What about a walking bridge that goes OVER 610 (say between the mall they're puttin in and the 7-11 across from it)?

Patricia View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patricia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 8:30am
Starbucks has a lot of money too! Maybe we could talk to them about putting a store on 610... Now you've got me dreaming! I'm sure if you got to the right person with these idea's someone would bite. I'm new to the area and am still astonished at the number of people that cross through the 610 lot alone going to and from work. It's a gold mine ready to be struck for any savy business person. The $$$ are definitely there.

Patricia
Stafford/610
DC_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2002 at 8:51am
Well who do you go to with these ideas? I mean it would be wonderful if it happened, but who actually has to make it happen?

Think!
Arbo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 11:46am
These may be some good ideas to pass on to Gary Pash at his upcoming Town Hall meeting.

peedee87 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peedee87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 12:17pm
I believe that Gary Pash or a representative from Rappahanock Area Development Commission is planning to monitor this topic and that it was set up for us to brainstorm and provide ideas and suggestions.

I know that I wasn't being realistic when I suggested what I did, but you have to put it out there on the chance that it may be taken serious.

I believe that our situation will resolve itself. It kinda already has. Those that arrive early continue to do business as usual in the old lot (Staffordsborough) and those who are 6:30 a.m. and later go to the new. The biggest unresolved issue is the rules for return/drop off. Are drivers expected to go to both lots? Are slugs expected to walk from the old lot to the new? What type of signs will be posted at the Pentagon to distinguish the two lots if any? What type of security measure will be put in place to ensure the pedestrian safety? What type of traffic patterns will be set to accomodate the increased traffic?

Trish
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 12:42pm
I agree with you. It does seem to have already worked itself out and is working really well.

The issues on getting between the two lots need to be worked out, but I have not had any problems yet. I think we just need to ask drivers before we get in their cars if they are going to the Mine road or 610 lots.

Maybe if we get together at the meeting we can collaborate. I think some sort of walkway would be nice.

Think!
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2002 at 4:24pm
I have a new flyer stating that Mine road is not the "Relocated" slug line, but the "New" slug line for when the Old 610 lot fills up.

If you would like a copy of it, please email me at Kwest@cwa-union.org

Thanks!

Have a great weekend...with an extended day I am sure we all will.

Think!
tdar20 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdar20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2002 at 7:41am
All good ideas.....however does anybody thing that Stafford county will come up withthe money to support a parking garage? Even if they did, and after the tax increase and a lengthly study we are still looking at 10 years!! The idea of private business is an excellent one but I think that parking would then become a $ issue for the folks that park there. Hopefully a great idea will pop up soon!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic