Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!
    Posted: 08 May 2006 at 2:45pm
If I worked for ANYONE else, I would be on my way home right now. lol
vapinky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vapinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 1:48pm
If you worked for the Union you'd be on your way home right now :-)
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 1:18pm
OK, guess everyone is low on energy today.....

Here is some drama for ya.

Our building is flooded! Someone left the water on in the utility closet on the 6th floor on friday. Our basement currently has 3" of standing water. Whats that mean? Our floors are porous! GREAAAAAAAAAAAT. And 90% of the people here are getting sick but hey, we gotta keep working! *sniff* Kinda smells like the beach though...
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:56am
thank you ladies. I guess some are just harder to convince than others, especially if they dont take the same route.
mariam0673 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mariam0673 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:48am
as sludge mentioned, maybe it really depends on the time - maybe the majority travel earlier...i've done 80 the majority of the time during the morning HOV, usually around 8 - 8:15...coming from 123...there were times i could have gone faster and many who passed me while i was doing 80
vapinky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vapinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:48am
Nothing is as exciting as the guy I rode with last summer that literally was trying to run Hybrids off the road at 90 miles per hour. VERY scary! So 80, I think I can deal with!

Honestly, if you are a good, defensive driver, 80 is barely keeping up pace on the HOV lanes.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:44am
Depends on the morning. Like today, for example. I was at 80 from Occoquan up to Springfield, then 65 the rest of the way in due to congestion. Other mornings, its 80-85 the whole way in.

You guys saw the movie I made, I am not Speed Demon on the roads. Everyone else was going the same speed as me, it just happened to be 80. Do I need to make another movie?
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:29am
quote:
Originally posted by Oosik
[br]I'm driving HOV from Springfield at about 6:10 - 6:20. I get up to 80 ALMOST EVERY DAY!

Oosik, I'm surprised the slugs aren't all over you and bigmike about your speeds. For a couple of years now, much has been written about how the express lanes during HOV hours are too congested - and it's the hybrids to blame. Which is it - congested or able to drive at or above the speed limit?
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:16am
alright, deal!

730 it is!
vapinky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vapinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 10:13am
Yes.....pleeeez :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic