Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HAPPY GOOD FRIDAY!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 12:34pm
remember sludge? He said that it is "impossible, reckless, and disrespectful" to do 80 on HOV in the morning. Did you look at my speedo when we were going to work? It said 80-85 the whole way. Good ride wasnt it?

Nice to see your posting! :-)
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 12:58pm
Mike,

I'm 61 years old, and may not have the quick reactions you young folks have. When I'm on I-395 HOV, there's no way the traffic flow and density will allow me to hit anywhere near 80 mph. If I even tried, I might be "dangerous, irresponsible, and reckless". So, moving with the traffic flow at about 60 to 65 mph in the Grand Marq is my 'comfort zone' on the HOVs going to and from the P'gon and Burke. It seems you drive the HOVs later than the 6:30 AM (& 4:15 PM) or so that we do, and maybe traffic has thinned out enough so you can drive HOV with slugs at 80. When you do, remember you have someone's Mom or Dad, son or daughter, or very special girlfriend or boyfriend onboard. Drive safely, my friend.
Have a great weekend. [:)]
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 12:58pm
I'd like to know what time you are on 95 HOV that traffic permits you to go that fast, this past week Ive been late everyday due to traffic. Cept 2day, 4 minutes late!!

:'}
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 1:06pm
I'm driving HOV from Springfield at about 6:10 - 6:20. I get up to 80 ALMOST EVERY DAY! It's only when someone is blocking lanes that things slow down. I have no objection if a driver is driving the speed limit, but keep in the right lane. It seems some folks want to hang out in the left lane all the way from Dale City up to the left exit near the Pentagon -- that's just wrong, dangerous and irresponsible. Slow cars to the right.

BTW, while I always welcome a pretty passenger, this morning I would have gladly settled for a fat ugly guy as I had to wait about 10 minutes to get my two slugs at about 6:00 a.m. BM, send the pretty girls to Sydenstricker for a ride.
vapinky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vapinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 1:31pm
quote:
Originally posted by bigmike
[br]
quote:
so I'm an easy ride!

OH to be single again....... lol

Boy did my comment come out ALL WRONG! That's what happens when you don't get enough sleep!! Then again having 4 kids (all boys as a matter of fact), two dogs, a full time job and a husband doesn't leave much time for sleep! [xx(]
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2006 at 1:34pm
sure, when there is more than 1 I will send the leftovers to ya!

p.s. - where the heck is sydenstricker? lol

sluDgE, im usually on HOV between 8-9am and there is almost NO traffic at that time. As for safety, I have been through too many driving schools, spirited driving classes, road courses, drag racing events, and other driver knowledge programs to be considered "unsafe". I have had special training which makes me a VAST better driver (able to handle situations better) than the average joe. Worry not dear friend, my passengers are in the very best of hands.
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 7:04am
seems like some posts were deleted at the beginning of this conversation...
vapinky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vapinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 8:58am
Did you forget about me this morning?
bigmike View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigmike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 9:54am
I most certainly did not! 810am I was there, yall werent.
vapinky View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vapinky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2006 at 9:56am
Ummm.....I thought we'd agreed on 7:30 a.m.???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic