Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Buckle up please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gmugrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Buckle up please
    Posted: 22 May 2006 at 2:19pm
To the person this morning who didn't want to wear the seat belt, I am sorry but next time I won't offer you a ride. Everyday I have to remind people to buckle up. Yes I admit that I will unclick my belt when I pick up riders so that the alarm goes off and I say oh everyone must buckle. That usually gets them.

If god forbid there is an accident I don't want worry about the what if you were buckled.

Also the papers in the pocket behind the driver are not their for your reading pleasures. Please don't touch things that aren't yours.

mikester View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2006 at 4:04pm
Why didn't you tell that person this personally?
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2006 at 8:51am
I looked at the rules and etiquette page and it does note that both drivers and passengers should buckle up.

As for me, I think passengers should be able to decide if they want to wear seatbelts or not. If they don't want to use seatbelts I'm sure some other driver will give them a ride because I get to decide who I take in my car and who gets coverage under my auto insurance.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 10:36am
quote:
Originally posted by Oosik
[br]I looked at the rules and etiquette page and it does note that both drivers and passengers should buckle up.

As for me, I think passengers should be able to decide if they want to wear seatbelts or not. If they don't want to use seatbelts I'm sure some other driver will give them a ride because I get to decide who I take in my car and who gets coverage under my auto insurance.

Wrong, everyone should buckle up, period!
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 12:27pm
for the life of me, I can't understand why anyone wouldn't buckle up. it's the one thing that save my wife's life and mine years back. seen it with others.

there's just no good reason not to. in this case the data don't lie.

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2006 at 6:41pm
All anyone has to do is watch the video of a car sideswiped on the highway that ended up rolling, repeatedly, and the driver of that car survived because she was wearing a seatbelt. That hit the pavement I guess yesterday and the news this morning. Point is that the driver survived and it wasn't her fault that the accident took place. Too many drivers think they are so skilled that they wont have to deal with the knuckleheads out there who can cause an accident in a split second.

Scottt, apparantly you didn't appreciate my humor. EVERYONE in my car wears a seatbelt or they get out. If a passenger doesn't like my rules, they can find another free ride because it wont be in my car.
SlugsB1tch2Much View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 3:27am
I like Darwin's theory of natural selection. Let the dumbass get hurt or killed, who cares, its their choice after all is it not?
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 10:07am
(Another misunderstanding of what Darwin wrote, but we'll ignore that.)

Let's explain something: seat belts keep people from bouncing into EACH OTHER, as much as they keep people from being thrown out of windows.

Take 150 pounds of sand in three bags, add several hundred hard stick-like objects, soak with water, place in seat beside you.

Now, roll your car.

Like the feeling of those hard, heavy, sharp objects whacking into you at high speed? No?

Well, that is essentially why you need to make even the backseat passengers wear seat belts. It's for YOUR OWN safety. A purely Ayn Randian approach.
SlugsB1tch2Much View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugsB1tch2Much Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 10:52am
Who is John Galt?
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2006 at 12:17pm
John Galt is that unattractive bulge in the back pocket of every bourgeois, sandal-wearing, no-shaving, slouching, uncombed, spotty-faced sophomore liberal arts major. At least, Galt is there for about 6-10 weeks as the budding intel-egg-tual grapples with and eventually solves the inherent contradictions of the Objectivist pseudo-cult philosophy.

(Not that you really asked for my opinion [:D].)

Now, back to seat belts, everyone!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic