Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

FOR DO NOT RIDE WITH LIST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AngloAustrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2013 at 10:17am
Goodness. Eleven years of slugging and somehow you failed to notice in all that time that talking on your cell phone for thirty minutes is rude? Slugs should do their very best to be unobtrusive. Follow the slug rules. Get in, thank you for the ride, and shut up. If your phone rings, answer it, say, "Can I call you back later, can't talk now, in somebody else's car." Takes five seconds. If it's an emergency, then certainly warn the driver, but it didn't sound like your call was an emergency. Some people are passive aggressive. The driver might have been thinking, "Surely, she's getting my vibes that I want to listen to the radio," or "Surely she's going to stop any minute?" "Should I say something, maybe she'll stop and I won't have to." And by the time half an hour has gone by, he could be a tad frustrated and then OVERreact. So, just watch yourself. Read the rules, and you will be fine.
lisad219 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lisad219 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2013 at 9:39am
I think the drivers reaction was rude and over the top. All he had to do was ask you to end your convo, not pull over. I've people do it. However, talking on the phone as a slug is 100% rude and annoying and in my opinion is a distraction to the driver. I dont want to listen to someone talking on the phone for 30-60 mins. Come on, commonsense.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic