Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bob's Closed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happycommuter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 7:26am
Heard on Lisa Baden's traffic report this morning that the slug line has moved behind the Wachovia bank.

TRAFFIC IS HERE TO STAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT JUST SIMPLY MOVE AWAY
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 7:27am
When we drove by at 6:50ish this AM, the slug line was behind the bank and F'fax police were directing slugs away from the CC lot.
DC2RV View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC2RV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 7:29am
Also, on WTOP, Lisa Baden mentioned the line moving to behind the bank.

We'll see how long this lasts...
SlugGirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 8:50am
It was definately a little sloppier than usual this morning but I think after today (and riders tell drivers where to pick up for the morning) it will go much smoother.

Thanks to those who put up signs! I know it helped a lot of sluggers this morning who had not read the message board!
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 9:05am
At 8 am cops were ticketing drivers who pulled over. Sad to see them not trying to fix the problem but just ticketing.

There were still two lines working one on OKM and one at Wachovia. Was a complete mess. I called Supervisor McConnell's office to try and get them on it.
Golfergirl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Golfergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 9:14am
Kind of messy this morning. Thanks to the drivers who were patient. Sympathies to those drivers who got tickets because the cops are jerks and need to make their quotas! They should be helping the commuters, not penalizing them. The Wachovia lot seems to work best, if the riders can figure out where they want to go, and get re-organized! At 8:00 at Wachovia, for those drivers who went there, the mess was with the riders not knowing where they wanted to go! Thanks to everyone who is working to make this work!
lajamc3 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lajamc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 9:20am
Sorry for duplicates--didn't think they were posting.
lajamc3 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lajamc3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 9:25am
Hi again. You're welcome for the signs, but they weren't all that effective for some--lots of people lining up (and getting tickets!?) on the Bob's side. Seems like the street side of Wachovia is the better spot. Also, I called WTOP last night and asked them to get Lisa Baden to make the announcement. I am so PSYCHED that she did! Anybody who wants to put up more/better signs feel free (definitely no pride of authorship here-I flunked 1st grade art)!!
Can't figure out why some slugs and drivers insisted on going to the Bob's side, despite the danger and the alternative.

Terrible about the cops ticketing. They should be HELPING us, not making revenue from it. Another call to the Supervisor's office is probably in order! Let's stay patient, keep the faith, and hope for a better morning tomorrow.
La

Let's stay patient, keep the faith, and hope for a better morning tomorrow.

UPDATE: Left a message at Spvsr. Kaufmann's office that TICKETING doesn't help, but directing people over to Wachovia would and that we're very disappointed that while we're trying to make this work safely, the County is using it to increase revenues. Hope it helps!
May View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote May Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 9:34am
Not to worry! Today cops were only giving out warnings! They did act really aggressive to make a point though!

And they even gave warnings to jay walkers. My question is why don't they build a bridge there? Wouldn't that look good and be very useful? Our tax money should go into useful projects for the people and not get wasted!
chocolate928 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chocolate928 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2006 at 9:50am
I am a rider at Bob's and I will call.

Thanks[:D]

choclate928
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic