Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "Do" Ride List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
CallmeMrSlug View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallmeMrSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "Do" Ride List
    Posted: 01 Sep 2006 at 2:31pm
Kudos go to the driver who called out 18 and K this morning but told me and another rider along the way that he was turning right on K and going to 17th and did not mind if we rode to 17 and K. This put me closer to the metro (my destination) and avoided me having to deal with the rain. Thank you!
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Sep 2006 at 12:24pm
Do ride with:

High fives to the Isuzu Rodeo driver with the front bench seat this morning who, after waiting in the rain for a second rider, was willing to add a third last minute (a fellow slug who was last in line that I knew was going our way). Great effort!

Now THAT is what makes this work; fellowship and lookin' out for each other!
jj0216 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj0216 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2006 at 12:45pm
Do ride with "Texas Native" truck. He goes to both the Horner Road and Hechingers Lots (as do I and have seen him at both). No complaints about this guy at all, and more than that I left my digital camera in his truck in the morning and managed to catch him at night and got the camera back!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2006 at 11:36am
Is that the station like TOP that usually comes in with that science-fiction sounding static in the backround?? I dont mind news channels, I'm not a fan of the wizzing and crackling of static in the backround.

GMHP was hea!
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Aug 2006 at 11:01am
I rode with a gentleman yesterday that had NPR on. Not my thing, but it was fine, and as raymond mentioned, the volume was set at a comfortable level.

SHAKE1T
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2006 at 3:20pm
Welcome Galah, NPR is OK in my book; I think volume is the issue.
Galah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2006 at 2:02pm
As a new driver, I appreciate the advice, but I just GOTTA know, does National Public Radio qualify as a quiet radio station?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2006 at 8:25am
Bump this topic up above the spam
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2006 at 12:01pm
sluggie, you need to be nominated to the "do ride" list, however based on your willingness to drive us appreciative slugs back and forth, your self-nomination is accepted. Kudos!

Also feel free to begin a thread to recognize the slug riders you feel are worthy of mention for whatever reason.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2006 at 12:03pm
The Ideal Driver:

Asks immediately where you want to get off -- no surprises for anyone!

Sets thermostat to a moderate temperature and tells you to turn away the outlets if you want.

Has a quiet radio station or CD playing.

Does not have piles of trash on seat or floor.

Drives carefully with no cellphone use.

Wears a seatbelt and insists all riders buckle up.

Always drops the slug at a curb, not in the middle of the street.

Allows short quiet cell calls by slugs as necessary.

Has enough gas to make the trip, even with back-ups.

Hey, what could be easier?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic