Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "Do" Ride List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2006 at 9:16am
The Sponge wants to give a shout out to the PM drivers in the west end of town who carry his square yellow behind home most every day: I've never had a bad ride in years, and happily try to return the favor when I drive in myself.

99% of the drivers I encounter are just great, and so are 99% of the riders. With all our cavilling and sniping on this board, AZMan is wise to ask us to consider all to whom we owe our gratitude.

Now, back to my usual grumpy doom forecasting.
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2006 at 11:18am
I've never had a really bad time on either side. I do want to say thanks to the guy I picked up at the Pentagon who shared his crossword puzzle with me. We had a nice and amazingly quick ride home on a Friday because of the conversation and back and forth with the puzzle. I have a new like for Coasties.[;)]

SHAKE1T
Plus_One View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plus_One Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2006 at 2:51pm
Shout out to the nice lady from the Air Force who went out of her way to drop me off near the Daventry slug line drop off even though she was heading to Syden!! Wow, Daventry doesn't get much action during the PM, huh? Had to result to parking at Syden only cus the lines go much much faster to Syden. Daventry, average wait time....5 hours. Syden, every 30 seconds. :)
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug 2006 at 9:54am
Moving topic up
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2006 at 8:36am
Props to the nice lady who took a co-worker and myself to Crystal City even though she was heading to the Pgon, then got lost and stuck in an underground parking garage, so early in the morn'. That was funny!

GMHP was hea!
sluggie View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluggie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2006 at 2:54pm
After slugging for many years, I now have to drive in and pick up slugs myself. Wanted to know how I can make the "do ride" list. Some of the annoying slugs I was forced to stand in line with day in and day out, I now pick up myself.

There have been plenty of days when I have wanted to tell the "annoying slugs" not to get in my car....but I've never have the nerve. I don't discriminate and take them anyways....even when I know I may be subjecting myself to 45 minutes of misery...depending on the traffic, this torture could possibly last over an hour...

Does taking slugs who drive you to the point of craziness qualify me for the "do ride" list? If I'm on the "do ride" list, then maybe it will minimize my chances of getting the same annoying slugs, if people start fighting for a chance to ride with me.

Tell me where to send my application...I would love the opportunity to get on this prestigious list.

Also...if we're going to go out of our way to have "do ride" and "do not ride" lists...it would only be fair to have the "do pick up" and "do not pick up" slug lists. We could give descriptions, along with other identifying characteristics, such as name, where they work, hair color, body type, married/not married, etc. Also, we could list why they are on the list. For example, cell phone attached to their ear, body odor, won't shut up, etc., etc., etc.

And to the woman who I have had the (unfortunate) opportunity to both slug with and drive...you really should leave the suitcase of make up at home and think about getting up a couple of minutes earlier. When I slugged with you, I was embarassed as you made yourself at home in a stranger's car and started decorating yourself with your suitcase of make up. The perfume and body lotion you insist on putting on just about knocked us out. Thought it was a one-time thing. But then I picked you up one morning. I won't be surprised if I see you carrrying your clothes next time, and changing on the way in...
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2006 at 7:59am
sluggie,

Send your application to the "do ride" list to me. Only thing I ask is to be picked up out of line so I can make a "fair" and "accurate" assessment of you as a driver while I review your application (at least for the amount of time I'm actually awake enough to review it).

I've gotta agree on the good/bad slugs that are out there. When I drove, I had mostly good slugs. Now that I'm slugging, I'm getting to see a wider array of slugs out there...some just don't take the idea that, although this is a mutually beneficial event, that the ones getting the ride should treat others BETTER than they'd want to be treated themselves (no matter how they're being treated too).

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2006 at 12:03pm
The Ideal Driver:

Asks immediately where you want to get off -- no surprises for anyone!

Sets thermostat to a moderate temperature and tells you to turn away the outlets if you want.

Has a quiet radio station or CD playing.

Does not have piles of trash on seat or floor.

Drives carefully with no cellphone use.

Wears a seatbelt and insists all riders buckle up.

Always drops the slug at a curb, not in the middle of the street.

Allows short quiet cell calls by slugs as necessary.

Has enough gas to make the trip, even with back-ups.

Hey, what could be easier?
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2006 at 12:01pm
sluggie, you need to be nominated to the "do ride" list, however based on your willingness to drive us appreciative slugs back and forth, your self-nomination is accepted. Kudos!

Also feel free to begin a thread to recognize the slug riders you feel are worthy of mention for whatever reason.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2006 at 8:25am
Bump this topic up above the spam
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic