Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The "Do" Ride List

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The "Do" Ride List
    Posted: 07 Aug 2006 at 2:15pm
How bout a topic for vehicles that we all "DO" like to ride in? I know I had a great ride this morning. Kudo's to Travis and his hospitality. Radio playing songs that smooth the soul, Air Conditioning on and vents blowing properly keeping everyone cool, he started up a nice conversation about his upcoming attache duties in a foreign country (good luck to you by the way) but didn't go on and on about it and ask all the SLUGs what they did (and took 3), just nice, pleasant conversation. Also, the vehicle was nice and the seats were very comfortable. Sounded like he was leaving soon so he may not be available and, stupid me, I forgot to get his plate information when I got out (I'm not the most alert person in the world in the AM). He went above and beyond in all categories when it comes to providing for SLUGs. I don't expect much except a little air and common courtesy of other SLUGs and drivers (mutual respect), okay, maybe that's a lot sometimes. You have to admit though, the amount of good drivers and good SLUGs far outweigh the negative and bad drivers/SLUGs. Great system we have in place and great form of alternative transportation. I've rode, driven, VRE'd, and Bus'd during my 2 years here and grateful to have all means available to me.
AZ Man View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2006 at 2:20pm
Sorry, forgot to include the pick-up/drop-off point. This was from Gordon/Rt 3 to Pentagon this morning :)
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2006 at 9:18am
Hey AZ Man, great idea! We need a "Slugger's Hall of Fame!" I can offer several regulars, both drivers and riders, worthy of inclusion.
Drivers:
-the guy in the dark blue Infinity with the great music and BBQ tips,
-the guy in the gray SUV who always picks me up,
-the friendly woman with the red SUV who always fits one more person,
-and many, many other smiling faces of those who drive each day. Thank you!
Riders:
-All the sleepy-heads at Bob's and Sydenstricker in the morning who force a smile and a "Good Morning,"
-All the great PM riders in the L'Enfant line who smile and joke at the end of their long, busy days.

This is what makes slugging so cool! Yea, it's great for a bunch of logical reasons too, but the people we meet each day really makes it worthwhile!
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2006 at 11:12am

Can't forget the guy who blasts the political talk radio station that barely comes in clearly in the PM,

"The Democrats are evil, the terrorists are coming for us!!!"

Thanks, I love feeling uncomfortable at the end of a hard day...

Oh wait, this is the "do" ride with list...oops...

GMHP was hea!
Oosik View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oosik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2006 at 1:16pm
GMHP, you should ask him to refund the cost of your ride -- or you could simply wait for a better ride to maintain your high principles.
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2006 at 1:37pm
Did I freak on the driver and tell him that I found his radio station offensive and uncomfortable, that the static and loud decible was giving me a headache? No, I sat quietly the entire ride, and said thank you when I got out. I came here and made light of it instead.

Oosik, you should learn to not take things so literally, and not dig on people when they are trying to make light of a conversation.

I have the rite to express MY opinion that politics and religion should be left OUTSIDE the car.

GMHP was hea!
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2006 at 2:41pm
The Dems are evil terrorists? I thought that was the Republicans (except those mentioned in my previous post here)!
AZ Man View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2006 at 11:42am
GMHP, I hear ya, I rode one time with a guy that had a sermon blasting, didn't bother me a bit because I was in a car heading South, A/C was cranked, and comfortable seat, 2 out of 3 ain't bad :). I think the sermon was about Democrats being evil and Republican's going to heaven but not sure (grin).
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2006 at 12:33pm
It's all a matter of perspective. [;)]
No wonder we independents are really confused. [:p]
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2006 at 12:40pm
tee hee...

GMHP was hea!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic