Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Archived Slugging Topics > Hybrids
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTired of choking on hybrid fumes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>
Author
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2006 at 9:16am
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]scottt - ah, a taxpayer financed incentive, you say. Can you think of a non-taxpayer incentive that will get you to buy a hybrid?

Sure, lower the price of the Hybrid. I didn't have the extra $8k in 2005 (when I got my car) to get a Hybrid, and I don't have it now.

And I wasn't asking for a taxpayer incentive. I was asking you to cough up the $8,000.
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2006 at 9:42am
Please don't ask NoSUV to cough up anything! God knows what we'll end up with. [:0]

The high-bred extension served its purpose, and I think it was a good thing to have. It did encourage people to buy an expensive vehicle they might not have splurged on otherwise.

But the need for that incentive is now gone. People are snapping up hybrids across the country, without ANY carpool lanes exemptions, simply because of gas prices. And the manufacturers are now promoting the vehicles left and right.

Between gas prices and the power of advertising, high-breds are the new SUV's of our time -- soon Toyota or Honda or somebody is going to announce that their entire fleet is available in hybrid form.

So let's not bash hybrids -- let's promote carpooling.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2006 at 1:20pm
Agreed. I have always restricted my bashing to SOV hybrids and psudo-eco, and egocentric high-bred drivers. As I have said many times, I am neutral on the product, its the loose nuts behind the wheel that deserve our bashing.

Carpooling rules! We need to look at these discussions from a Passenger MPG / emmissions per passenger comparison perspective. That is really embarrassing for SOV hybrid drivers (who thought they could just buy their way to eco-consciousness without doing anything positive). And there is the argument in favor of HOVs! Of course we carpoolers knoew it all along!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2006 at 8:00am
raymond - you still need to account for ALL miles.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2006 at 10:08am
I will when you do! Remember, your hybrid burns gas too.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2006 at 10:24pm
Oh, but I have accounted for the mpg and emissions both commuting and non commuting - you are the one who won't because the hybrid advantage is so obvious.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 2:46pm
Hybrid advantage? Hmmmmm, oh you mean for the auto dealer! Yea, when people pay extra for an inferior product with obsolete technology it really is an advantage for hybrid dealers. You go right ahead and do what you want, its a free country, but keep you nose out of my trunk! And keep your SOV hybrid off the HOV lanes; get eco-smart and pick up some carpoolers!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 2:56pm
raymond - thanks for proving my point better than I could ever do by myself. What you've shown is that the mpg and emissions when considering both commuting and non-commuting mileage favors hybrids.
Appreciate the assistance.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 3:08pm
Wait, your idiocy is running rampant and I can't keep up.

Please explain it again to me how 100 PMPG (25MPG carpooler with 4 passengers) is less efficient that a 40 MPG SOV hybrid. Even if HOV commuting accounts for only 1/2 of my total miles (and dad's taxi service adds many, many more HOV miles), that still puts my PMPG at at least 50. Last I heard 50 is still more than 40 (if you get 40 SOV MPGs).

You're a loose nut behind the wheel!
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 3:14pm
4 passengers? I guess you always take a 3rd. You, though, are in the minority, based on postings in the general comments sections. And commuting takes up 1/2 of your miles? Either you are rich and fly everywhere or you never go anywhere. Again, you are in the minority. No surprise. And your taxi service is more than mine? Could be - but I doubt it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>
  Share Topic