Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The HOV-3 to HOV-2 Suggestion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2006 at 2:45pm
quote:
Originally posted by shelbybrynn
[br]NoSUV,
HOV stands for High Occupancy Vehicle. The number 3 denotes that to be considered a High Occupancy Vehicle, you must have at least 3 people riding in your vehicle. No one on this board is against the hybrid vehicles. We are against selfish individuals, such as yourself, who choose to exasperate an already bad situation by being arrogant, Single Occupancy Drivers on the HOV-3 Lanes. It is really that simple.

shel - well, you again missed the point. The lanes were NOT HOV at ANY time when originally put into use. The lanes on I66 are NOT HOV-3. The lanes on I95/I395 were NOT HOV-3 when HOV was first used with them - and motorcycles were not exempt until '94. E V O L U T I O N. The question here was on reducing to HOV-2 based on massive congesion in the regular lanes and next to NO congestion in the express lanes. Feel free to review posts in the hybrid section about hybrid hate - it has been and remains imbedded with many in the slugging community. Fortunately, not only does the rest of Virginia not agree with you, but also the rest of the world. It's that simple.
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2006 at 10:10am
Lol too funny all you. I complain all the time about the 14th st bridge merge lanes into HOV and how badly they slow down my commute, so I would strongly, STRONGLY oppose the elimination of HOV on 395.

While the main lanes are slow, I would point out that those people CHOOSE to drive those lanes instead of slugging. The HOV lanes move quickly as a REWARD!!! for the fact that we CHOOSE to carpool with multiple individuals. The key here is its all about CHOICE.

I CHOOSE to strongly oppose any effort to dilute the effiencicy of HOV by opening it to all the SOV vehicles in teh world (I oppose cops using it, SOV Hybrids using it, and any other SOV use out there) I activly CHOOSE to support political candidates taht pay attention to my interest on this matter.

Am I selfish and self centered. Heck YEAH! Welcome to life in a free country. When my colleagues complain about their commute up 395 I say, oh, I picked up slugs and was here in a jiffy. Smiling the whole way.
shelbybrynn View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shelbybrynn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2006 at 10:20am
NoSUV,
You are clearly dilusional and everyone here knows it except you. Have you noticed that no one here agrees with you?!? I am done wasting my precious time on you.
slugjo View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugjo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2006 at 11:03am
I agree with Colossus. In my experience (06:00-07:00 northbound) the main lanes on 395 aren't all that jammed up. They seem to move along reasonably well. The express lanes move along quickly, at what appears to me to be about maximum capacity for fast movement (as long as there aren't any accidents or deer or Sani-John trucks driving alongside a Metro bus). Any more traffic and we would have CONGESTION and everybody would be late. Of course slugs are biased in favor of keeping a good thing going. NoSUV doesn't have a leg to stand on.
PennyPrius View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PennyPrius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 9:55am
Everyone doesn't have the luxury of slugging. If you are a 9-5er (or close to it) you can do that but for those who work odd hours who still need to get to DC using 95 we need options too!
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 10:05am
So if you are working odd hours, PP, then what is your particular complaint? You can access the carpool lanes with no problems or restrictions. What, do you want a special lane reserved just for you?

Everybody on this board has worked jobs where they could not use the carpool lanes, for whatever reason. If you can't use the carpool lanes, then shut up and be grateful for the people who can and do -- they are keeping their cars at home, out of your way.

You want an option? Here's something you can try: Thinking before you post. (Don't cry, PPTroll.)
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 11:08am
quote:
Originally posted by SpongeBob
[br]So if you are working odd hours, PP, then what is your particular complaint? You can access the carpool lanes with no problems or restrictions. What, do you want a special lane reserved just for you?

Everybody on this board has worked jobs where they could not use the carpool lanes, for whatever reason. If you can't use the carpool lanes, then shut up and be grateful for the people who can and do -- they are keeping their cars at home, out of your way.

You want an option? Here's something you can try: Thinking before you post. (Don't cry, PPTroll.)

Patrick used to be my favorite, until now. You took the words out of my mouth.[^]

SHAKE1T
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 2:32pm
Now, now, spongy, was that nastiness really necessary? Many people without a dog in the hunt post their views here, it's a free website. Besides, the obsurd posts from those who try to compensate for a lack of intelligence with arrogance, and without any idea how their suggestions would affect the actual commuters, let alone those without an actual reason to be here, make our responses seem down-right genius!

Now you seem somewhat enlightened for a spineless sea creature, so I'm sure you can see how the few selfish (shelfish), dim-witted, egocentric, pseudo-eco wanna-bes make logic really pop! It's sort of like light, in the dark. When I say something like "carpooling helps reduce traffic congestion, pollution, fuel consumption, dependence on foriegn fuel, etc.," and someone disagrees, its like "Wow!" they're idiots and they don't even know it!

Now I can't criticize Penny, she is honest about her motivations (and she has a cute name). But Penny, if you think slugging is a luxury, you should try it sometime. I don't consider standing in a dark parking lot in the rain, sleet or snow a luxury. Slugging is an innovative, alt. way to get to work, that's it! Most slugs don't even care that they are helping to solve the world's problems, we just want to get to work and back.

Ignorance is simply a lack of knowledge, not punishable by nastiness. Live, listen, read, learn and all will be forgiven.
NoSUV View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NoSUV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 2:44pm
wow raymond = you should run for office! you really know how to polish a turd.

Yep, carpooling in a Hummer is better than SOV in a Hummer for "reduc[ing] traffic congestion, pollution, fuel consumption, dependence on foriegn fuel." Do you want to compare 3 people in a '75 pick up to a hybrid? 3 people in a '06 Hummer to a '06 Prius? 3 of your 4 statements are false - but, since you are a turd polisher, it's only the one that you care about.

Go get on a bus.
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2006 at 2:59pm
Hummer? '75 pickup? What are you talking about?! Total Lunacy, that's what! Someone needs to wait 'till happy hour before they start drinking.

I've said it before, I'll say it again; I have nothing against hybrids, the product is not the villian here. There are lots of products. I think hybrids are a fad, a distraction from the real problems and a marketing ploy to rope in eco-wanna bes, but not bad per se. And its a free country, so buy a hybrid if you want to, its your money and you can waste it if you want to.

My gripe is with arrogant SOV hybrid drivers in the HOV lanes, like NoSUV, who think everyone should play by their rules. You won't live and let live, you want to rule. But like communism, your doctrine sucks, and people do not want to be coerced into doing something as stupid as paying more for a bandaid psudo-solution.

I'll get on a bus when you do. If you won't put up, then shut up! And NoSUV, this is what they call a showdown, pardner!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic