Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What happened this morning?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2006 at 12:53pm
Wow. Guess who was stuck longest in the backup (chuckle).

I think the choice of where you land a medevac is based on improving the chances of saving someone's life. You land the chopper as close to the victim as you can. You move fast. You don't spend time worrying about a little inconvenience, or even a lot of inconvenience, to other people.

Caught in the traffic? Too bad. If it was you on the stretcher, what would be your priority then?
SlugMedic View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlugMedic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2006 at 3:11pm
I believe it is required to stop traffic north AND south on I-95 incase the helo crashes upon landing or takeoff....
slugdriverandslugrider View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slugdriverandslugrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2006 at 3:37pm

quote:

Oh well, the slugs will stand mute. They won't say squat, even if they have a mouthfull. But let the precious drive alone feel that he or she is being put upon and political heads will roll.

I assume this is intended as an insult to the sluggers out there however, your ignorance shines through, let me help you...

Do you mean "mouthful" & "drivers alone feel..."

That's ok Dick, your still perfect in your eyes...

Once again I think Dick has a great point! People just don't recognize true genius. Please, Dick, don't post on here anymore. These people just don't comprehend your advanced arguments. The way that you pour out opinion as if it were fact in such a condescending, yet uninformed manner is simply beyond these plebeians.

Please, Dick, since you are above these people, consider not posting here any longer. As an alternative please converse with someone truly deserving of your stream of consciousness... please converse at length with: dickboyd@aol.com
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2006 at 4:25pm
Sadly, SD&SR, dickboyd is not being insulting: he is being descriptive.

Slugdrivers and slugriders alike are uncomplaining lumps of humanity who won't bestir their saggy behinds an inch to save their precious system. A pitiful handful of whiners like me kept showing up at the meetings last year to try and preserve our carpool lanes, and the rest of the slugs sat on their thumbs, oblivious.

It was really disheartening.

So the Rambling Man is right on, in this case. (...and if you can't follow his arguments, don't say he's stupid; it kind of doesn't reflect too well on you, if you get my drift.)
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2006 at 7:24pm
I agree. My bet is that 80 percent of the slugs on this site have never sent one email to their county or state representative.

A year or so ago, the discourse here indicated that there were a few people politically active, but I think all of those folks have moved on.
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2006 at 8:13am
In anwer to this topic, here is what happened Tuesday (with names removed)

Stafford woman injured after being run off the road
A 35-year-old Stafford woman sustained serious internal injuries after being cut off on Interstate 95 and running her motorcycle off the road around 7:02 a.m. Tuesday, said Sgt. Terry Licklider, Virginia State Police spokesman.

_____ of 41 Clark Lane in Stafford was driving in the left lane of northbound I-95 near the Dale City exit, Licklider said, when she hit some "big plastic tubs of sand" that are along the shoulder.

______ ran off the road, Licklider said, apparently as a result of the driver of Honda Civic Hybrid cutting her off when switching lanes.

______, 48, of 2048 Jennings St. in Woodbridge was charged with unsafe lane change.

An update on____ condition was not available at press time. ____ was not injured in the accident.
scottt View Drop Down
Senior Slug
Senior Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2006 at 8:36am
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by scottt
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by NoSUV
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by colossus911
[br]It was clogged with Hybrids.

Actually, there has yet to be a recorded incident involving hybrids - this one was a motorcycle.

Get on the bus or buy a hybrid.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but since your player is broken NoSUV, I'll chime in again. Are you going to cough up the extra $8k I need to buy a Hybrid? You really haven't answered me in the other threads/forums.

scottt - you HAVE the money, and EVERYONE knows it! The problem is with your prioritization. Please send me your 1040s for the past 3 years and I will be glad to show you that which you cannot find.

Not going to hijack this thread, so I won't respond here after this. I "HAVE" the $$$? You're basing this on what?
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2006 at 8:57am
Thanks Bob, all I asked was the status of the accident, I got a political debate instead!

GMHP was hea!
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2006 at 9:35am
GMHP, what, you haven't been paying attention all this time?

EVERY subject in here eventually devolves into either toll roads or hybrids. You make an innocent remark about the weather and SpongeBob cries that the sky is falling. You mention the Redskins, and someone else will compare their tailback with tailpipe emissions from a Civic. And if you actually talk about slugging, God forbid, then NoSUV will light you up as a cheap and selfish drone clogging the highway with your body.

No wonder this site has so few general posters. You have to be obsessive about tolls or highbreds to stand this place.

Look out! It's coming down! Did you all hear on WTOP that the head of MDOT gave reporters a tour yesterday touting the glories of toll roads for our sister state?
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2006 at 11:11am
I know spongy, I think I'm in slug-lines denial.

Ok fine, off topic-

I saw a HYBRID driver who had the who-who's to have the license plate "HOV" on their car yesterday- Man that pisses me off! You know who you are- and you SUCK!!

I feel better now!

GMHP was hea!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic