FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNew Interim Agreement on HOT Signed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2006 at 2:27pm
On the 27 cents per mile, first of all, it is clear they are waffling on it, which means it will be a lot higher than that unless they can extort another couple hundred mill from VA.

Second, even using the 27 cents, they almost certainly are talking about an average over all hours of the day, 365 days of the year. Keep in mind that these things NEVER shut down, even at 2 am.

So, my guess is that for rush hour it will be much higher. If we assume something like 40 cents, well you can do the math. But they have already said that it can go north of $1 per mile on clogged segments.

I will have to admit, they are in a tough PR spot for several reasons. They have their investors sitting there that want high revenue, but they dont want to scare the public and tell them what it will actually be.

LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2006 at 10:41am
That is still a piece of change coming all the way up (60 miles?)... about $16.20 based on my back of the envelope figures.
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2006 at 7:49am
And from the article Bob posted there is an amount mentioned for the targeted average toll.[:(]

It reads as follows:
"Fluor/TU in their proposal said that preliminary estimates indicated average tolls of 27c/mile (17c/km) but today the state's finance chief Barbara Rees and Transurban's Michael Kulper both stressed that traffic levels will dictate tolls - because of the requirement to maintain free flow." [:(]

If that's the average, what's the worst case?
We've seen another article that says $35 one-way from Dumfrees. [:0]
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 3:55pm

Here is a good description of what transpired, although this site is a constant cheerleader for toll roads and always paints a rosy picture

http://tollroadsnews.info/artman/publish/article_1567.shtml
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2006 at 2:20pm
VDOT has signed the "interim agreement" with Fluor/Transurban

There is some text and several pdfs posted on the VDOT site.

Mostly legalese but we need to read it. Please post if you find any damaging tidbits we can use.
This stinks.

http://virginiadot.org/projects/ppta-I-95_I-395HOTLanes.asp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic