Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annoying Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 9:04am
quote:
Originally posted by darkprime
[br]Speaking of smoke, i hate it when I get into a car and once inside discover that it's been a smoking car. Usually once I sit down the car begins to move, giving me little or no chance to get out. I appreciate it that the person is driving, but which all cars picking up slugs were smoke free. Holding your breath from woodbridge to rosslyn isn't fun.

VA_Slugger View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VA_Slugger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 9:06am
I guess the first one dropped my response.

Oh well, maybe it's fate. Enough said! [:)]
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 9:19am
GMHP, why can't you get your husband to quit like you did?
Galah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 9:55am

Congratulations GMHP, I'm glad to hear you are still clean!!!
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 2:16pm
If you're considering kids soon, it's best that he quit, too. Second hand smoke is certainly not good for the little one.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2007 at 3:52pm
Thanks all! He is actually in the process of quitting now, using the cutting down a little at a time method, thats what I did. One day at a time!!

Safe slugging tonight!!

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
Freud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2007 at 3:26pm
quote:
[br]Speaking of smoke, i hate it when I get into a car and once inside discover that it's been a smoking car. Usually once I sit down the car begins to move, giving me little or no chance to get out. I appreciate it that the person is driving, but which all cars picking up slugs were smoke free. Holding your breath from woodbridge to rosslyn isn't fun.

I hate it when slugs get ready to get in your car and loudly exclaim, "Ugh! You smoke!" and then removes the one half of his body that he had in your car, out of it.

I had that happen to me once and I was so mortified that I zoomed out of the lot and drove in the main lanes alone.

Part of the reason of why I was so intrigued with the hybrid and driving alone.
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2007 at 3:31pm
The slug could have been kinder about it or apologetic, as in saying "I'm sorry, I can't breathe well with the smoke" or something like that. If you think it's rude for a slug to pass on a smokey car (they don't know it's smokey until they open the door), then it would seem you think it's rude for a person to leave a smoke filled restaurant or any other area that has a smoker.
Freud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2007 at 4:00pm
quote:
[br]The slug could have been kinder about it or apologetic, as in saying "I'm sorry, I can't breathe well with the smoke" or something like that. If you think it's rude for a slug to pass on a smokey car (they don't know it's smokey until they open the door), then it would seem you think it's rude for a person to leave a smoke filled restaurant or any other area that has a smoker.

I don't think its rude for the slug to pass on a smoky car - I can understand why...either because the smell is repulsive or because they are allergic.

However, I didn't appreciate the way he handled it.

OK, I think you knew doggone well what the point of my post was: that the guy was rude, but chose to go on a tangent to be a nerdcock anyhow.

So here I go:

IMO, seems like slugs ask more of the drivers than the other way around.

"I am tired of listening to NPR."

"You drive too slow."

"You drive too fast."

"You won't take 3!" ::::stomps off and belittles driver throughout the slug line:::

"Why DON'T you drop me off at the front door of my office!"

"Your butt is too fat."

"Your hair looks like crap."

And, the list goes on and on.

And, you're getting a FREE freakin ride.

And, God forbid if the driver asks the slug to wrap up a long cell phone call, stop putting makeup on in the car, and to not eat breakfast on the way to work.

Did I totally go off into left field or what?? Jeez!

And for the record, I am not a smoker that smokes inside of my home and when I smoke inside of my car, its with the window all the way down no matter how cold it is with my cigarette pointing outside.
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2007 at 4:21pm
I was uncertain if you were offended because of how he responded or that there was any response. Like I said in my post, I thought he could have been more polite.

You must pick up a lot of bad riders. I have yet to see (or hear of) more than 1 of the complaints in your list over the past 8 months I've been slugging.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 9>
  Share Topic