Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annoying Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlowingSlug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2007 at 12:56pm
getmehomepweeze,

Did you happen to pick her up from Pentagon to 610 Stafford-Mine Road? I had an experience like that last week and am wondering if it's the same person.
IH8TRAFFIC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IH8TRAFFIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2007 at 2:38pm
Easy solution to cell talkers, of course this would affect you also, so there is the give and take. GET A CELL PHONE JAMMER. READ BELOW:

The SH066PL2A/B is a portable cell-phone jammer that sells for $293. The SH066PL2A/B will get you a security bubble of about 30 feet, and it's camouflaged to look like a cell phone, so you can leave it out on a restaurant table and no one will know you're the source of the blissful silence in the room.

IH8TRAFFIC View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IH8TRAFFIC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2007 at 2:48pm
Goto this website for cellular jammers:

http://www.cell-phone-jammers.com/
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2007 at 3:41pm
I'm already spending enough $ between DC parking and gas- I'm not spending the cash on a cell jammer for the (hopefully)occasional rude slug.

My question is- because I (being the fact it's MY car) made a 4 minute phone call to check in with a family member, did that give her the unspoken permission to use my car as a phone booth? Keep in mind the other slug also recieved about 3 calls, all were short and to the point, dinner plans etc. which does not bother me. Was I at fault?

We picked up from DC to Mine Rd.

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
ohio 7 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2007 at 9:53am
gmhp, I'm surprised at you - you ALWAYS have a quick retort on line here but didn't rebuke a rude inconsiderate slug??!! Next time - definitely speak up. Even the driver should keep their phone calls short and to the point, especially due to the fact that you are carrying future liabilities with you if your calling results in an accident.
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2007 at 10:54am
I don't see the rider as being rude b/c GMHP set the tone of the drive by using her cell phone.

Perhaps the rider didn't KNOW that the number of calls doesn't annoy GMHP, but the length of the calls would.

Gimme a break.

In my opinion GMHP (like SO many other slugs) is a certified complainer whether driving or slugging.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2007 at 9:58am
Ohio7- I was more annoyed for my husband than myself, she was sitting directly behind him chattering away as he was driving. I thought it not only rude- but distracting. He gave me the occasional smile and eye roll. In a situation like that, you spend 1/2 the ride saying to yourself, "Ok, she'll make her point and get off in a minute", the other 1/2 trying to figure out how to say MY CAR IS NOT A PHONE BOOTH!!

Ave- I hope the next time you drive and pick up a slug they sit behind you for 45 minutes making various calls chatting up their girlfriends about their boyfriends poor behavior. Let's see how you like it.

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2007 at 10:21am
GMHP: I have experienced this more than once and I can honestly say that a person chatting on a cell phone (and the other trivial things most of you come on this board and complain about) is a minimal price to pay as opposed to enduring having to sit in the regular lanes where traffic is crawling and my commute time likely doubled.

If something/someone REALLY annoyed me, as you and others proclaim, trust me I would confront the person face-to-face vice complaining about it on a message board. How is that going to remedy anything?

I'd offer that we all just appreciate the remaining time we have until HOT goes into effect, however "annoying" it is.
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2007 at 11:43am
This has happened to me a couple of times when driving. I waited until the person got off the phone and then started asking for details on the call. Heck, I like gossip as much as the next person. Obviously, the slug didn't appreciate me asking about her divorce and said as much, I replied "you're right, its not my business! So why did I just have to listen to it for 15 minutes?". I'm sure that person avoids my car now-which is just fine with me. There are plenty of great slugs out there!

CJ
Elemental View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elemental Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2007 at 12:58pm
I like your tactic there CJ! I have confronted a rider about a cell phone call that lasted the entire way into the city one morning, but your idea is much more entertaining than my approach. Hope there won't be a next time, but if there is I'm doing this too!

quote:
Originally posted by CJ
[br]This has happened to me a couple of times when driving. I waited until the person got off the phone and then started asking for details on the call. Heck, I like gossip as much as the next person. Obviously, the slug didn't appreciate me asking about her divorce and said as much, I replied "you're right, its not my business! So why did I just have to listen to it for 15 minutes?". I'm sure that person avoids my car now-which is just fine with me. There are plenty of great slugs out there!

CJ

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic