Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Annoying Slugs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Aug 2007 at 11:39am
You guys have got to be kidding. If someone doesn't behave the way you think they ought to, speak up, or fume by yourself. What are they going to do, smack you upside the head? Ok, that is possible given the lunacy that goes on, so I'm sure you know who to confront. Now, if you confront them and they still won't behave, bring them to light on this board.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 1:55pm
Ok, so Goober and Ave are so much high and mightier than the rest of us, we should be ashamed of ourselves for venting, on a topic, that was clearly started for that reason.

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
AveMaria View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AveMaria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2007 at 2:54pm
So many people like you rarely stand up to confront a person face-to-face but you SURE are quick to lash out at people behind the anonimity of the internet.

Alas, I'm bored with you...[B)]

...please carry on with your pointless whining, er venting.
Dcole96 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dcole96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 12:40pm
I think the main reason people (myself included)put things out on this site is only to vent. Because the majority of things that go on at the lines or in the car are minor, and we get over it after a couple of days. We occasionally write things on this site because we want to talk to people who understand and can relate. In reality, if something has pissed someone off that bad, then they have already confronted them. They, in turn, come to the message boards to vent, knowing that confronting someone is not always the answer. Sometimes could create a bigger problem.

So if you want to complain to someone who can relate, then I'm all ears!!!
[:p]
Galah View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Galah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 2:13pm

Great attitude Dcole and I heartily endorse the sentiment
Even from my seat on the bus, I can still relate to slugs and drivers
CJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2007 at 6:11pm
Depending on the situation, I may confront someone. I am by no means a timid person, but I am not going to confront a complete stranger whose reaction I have no idea what it will be, when they are in my car or I am in theirs (I drive and slug)going 70mph on a major highway. Most people I work with think I'm nuts for letting strangers in my car or getting into strangers cars, anyway. God only knows what you might say to set someone off!

CJ
122582 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 122582 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2007 at 7:52am
Annoying slugs? I thought it wasn't possible?

The newspaper/kleenex leavers, the cell phone talkers, the too cold/too hot whiners, the door slammers, the take 3 negotiaters, the slug-line nazis, the snorers/gas passers, the perfume people, the unclean.

No, never an annoying slug.

Keep slugging alive - tip your driver today!
Our Mom Spot View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Our Mom Spot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Aug 2009 at 12:13pm
quote:
Originally posted by CJ

This has happened to me a couple of times when driving. I waited until the person got off the phone and then started asking for details on the call. Heck, I like gossip as much as the next person. Obviously, the slug didn't appreciate me asking about her divorce and said as much, I replied "you're right, its not my business! So why did I just have to listen to it for 15 minutes?". I'm sure that person avoids my car now-which is just fine with me. There are plenty of great slugs out there!

CJ

(((Applause)))

Are you a mom?

Visit OurMomSpot.net ... a safe place for moms to have fun, LOL, & connect with other moms!
janmanzer411 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote janmanzer411 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 5:30am
quote:
Originally posted by gt4wjb

You shouldn't have to wait until they get in your car to tell them anything. When you pull up to announce your destination, or when they open the door to get into your car, you should just say, "I'm sorry, I won't be able to take you today." Then ask who's next. Hopefully, they'll avoid your car the next time you arrive at the line. If not, just repeat the same thing.

LongTimeSlugger

I think that's a better idea. At least you tried to be honest.

Best Regards,
Jan Manzer
http://www.janmanzer.com
n/a View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote n/a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2009 at 12:13pm
Welcome to the forum newbies!

And thanks for reviving a two-and-a-half-year-old conversation!

Actually it looks like both of these newbie posts are business solicitations disguised as real people. Note: "janmanzer411" 411 = information, perhaps a newz site. And "OurMomSpot.net" responds to the three-year-old post with the question "Are you a mom?" Tricky!

PLEASE, NO SOLICITORS!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6789>
  Share Topic