Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Prefiled - Exemption for hybrids extended to 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prefiled - Exemption for hybrids extended to 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
Author
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnvus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2007 at 3:48pm
Ahhhh.....I honestly did not know that. So that is how you distinguish between the 2. Good info. Thanks
Bob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2007 at 4:10pm

Graphic of new CF plates

http://www.dmv.virginia.gov/exec/vehicle/splates/info.asp?idnm=CFP
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2007 at 4:08pm
Yeah, I saw one in the HOV lanes on Friday on the way home. The slugs in the car and I were talking about it. Wishing there was a cop around to bust the guy but ah, didn't happen.
Freud View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Freud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2007 at 4:29pm
quote:
Originally posted by colossus911
[br]Yeah, I saw one in the HOV lanes on Friday on the way home. The slugs in the car and I were talking about it. Wishing there was a cop around to bust the guy but ah, didn't happen.

Pfftttt...they never do when you need them. I was beginning to merge off of the HOVs one evening and I was behind a vanpool when this single occupant in a luxury vehicle (not a hybrid) zooms around both of us, driving over the striped lines (lane had ended). The guy in the vanpool points the dude out to the state troopers who were sitting at the end of the HOV lanes and the state trooper just shrugged.

WTF?
sluDgE View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2007 at 10:06pm
colossus911,

If "the one ..." was a new-plated hybrid and the driver had 2 slugs on board with him, he would have been legal on the HOVs.

Assume you meant "the one in the HOV lanes on Friday" was a new-plated hybrid with just one cheating SOB driver in it.
Just another of the many examples of the "I'm just so damned important that rules or laws don't apply to me" attitudes that permeate some residents of NoVa.
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2007 at 7:48am
I just checked the VA web site... does anyone know what "Engrossed by House" means?
go2grl View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote go2grl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2007 at 9:38am
quote:
Originally posted by LDOMAJ
[br]I just checked the VA web site... does anyone know what "Engrossed by House" means?

Somebody really, REALLY likes that TV show with Hugh Laurie? I'm sorry, but it was just screaming for a punch line.[8D]

Anyway, here's what I found:

Engrossed in the House (or Senate):
An engrossed bill is the official copy of a bill or joint resolution that has been passed by one chamber, including the text as changed by any amendments that have been agreed to on the floor, and certified by the Clerk of the House or the Secretary of the Senate. The House's engrossed documents are printed on blue paper; the Senate's on white paper.

I don't know if the "by" makes a difference, but you get the idea.
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2007 at 10:18am
Thank you G2G...
colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb 2007 at 11:28am
Yeah Sludge they were in the HOV lanes and I was wondering if they knew they were violators or just figured they had a hybrid so they could drive in the lanes.
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2007 at 8:50am
Bill passed by the House (97-0), being communicated to the Senate
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 10>
  Share Topic