Slug-Lines.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Slugging Questions and Comments > General Slugging Topics
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Prefiled - Exemption for hybrids extended to 2008
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Prefiled - Exemption for hybrids extended to 2008

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
Author
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluDgE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2007 at 12:18pm
Bob,
Thanks for the posting the info on the N Va delegates and their committee mambership.

Appears that the only two delegates on the TC who have I-95/395 go through their districts are from Arlington and Alexandria. (It would be interesting to know what, if any, input they solicit from Fairfax, PW, Stafford, and Spotsy county commuters? And does anyone even know what their positions are on such south-of-the beltway commuter hot buttons as HOV, hybrids, HOT lanes, car pooling, etc.?)

And, the other two N Va reps from Leesburg and Centreville on the TC have other transportation issues in the I-66 and Dulles Access & Toll Road/Greenway directions.
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2007 at 1:36pm
(HB2132) 02/15/07 Senate: Reported from Transportation (15-Y 0-N)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAS--Williams, Houck, Miller, Marsh, Newman, Watkins, Puckett, Rerras, Wagner, Blevins, Deeds, O'Brien, Bell, Devolites Davis, McDougle--15.

NAYS--0.

ABSTENTIONS--0.

LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2007 at 5:35pm
Bumping over spam
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2007 at 7:19am
(floor) 02/19/07 Senate: VOTE: (40-Y 0-N)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEAS--Bell, Blevins, Chichester, Colgan, Cuccinelli, Deeds, Devolites Davis, Edwards, Hanger, Hawkins, Herring, Houck, Howell, Lambert, Locke, Lucas, Marsh, Martin, McDougle, Miller, Newman, Norment, Obenshain, O'Brien, Potts, Puckett, Puller, Quayle, Rerras, Reynolds, Ruff, Saslaw, Stolle, Stosch, Ticer, Wagner, Wampler, Watkins, Whipple, Williams--40.

NAYS--0.

RULE 36--0.

NOT VOTING--0.

colossus911 View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colossus911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2007 at 11:29am
I dont' know but I already let my delagate know that I plan to campaign against him next time. Worst thing is I like the guy but can't take this kind of thing sitting down.
getmehome pweeze View Drop Down
Master Slug
Master Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote getmehome pweeze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2007 at 8:51am
Grrr...SPAM!!!!

Slug'n till 2010 (when the HOT lanes roll in)
SpongeBob View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpongeBob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 9:28am
NoSUV, do you know how many bills are presented and reviewed each year, and how very little time the delegates really have to study them?

Do you really think that any of the delegates cares about the nuances of this little hybrid bill?

Do you really think that any of the delegates are immune to the largest supplier of campaign contributions (the auto dealers of Virginia)?

I have no problem with the legislature extending the exemption on I66, or the other roads in Tidewater and elsewhere. But there is no arguing with VDOT's professional assertion that the hybrids increase congestion on OUR I95 carpool lanes and thereby increase overall pollution output as well as dis-incent ridesharing.

A better bill might have been crafted that ended the I95 exemption, and I would bet it, too, would have passed unanimously because this bill is small potatoes in the transportation budget war being waged today in Richmond.
darkprime View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darkprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 12:01pm
Actually, I thought tobacco companies were the biggest contributors and that's why we can't get a smoking ban in restaurants in VA.
N_or_S_bound View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N_or_S_bound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2007 at 2:45pm
Can anyone answer these 2 questions?:

What is the #1 priority of any incumbent politician in America?

How does an incumbent remain an incumbent?

Bonus question: What's the difference between a politician and a statesman?

NoSb

SOV because you can, HOV because you care!
LDOMAJ View Drop Down
New Slug
New Slug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LDOMAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2007 at 9:03am
Bumping up over spammers
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>
  Share Topic